PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Aftermath With Video

MAVERICK27
12-29-2010, 10:02 PM
I have gotten a few requests for the video I took on Friday after the big storm. I took two quick videos of some highlights. The first is of the sunken RV :Titanic:and the second is Santiago Flats where alot of the debris settled :Rain:. Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcUtaACZAOI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co_5Vu7EI_o

sawoobley
12-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Wow, thanks for the videos! How do you think it will look on Friday? The same?

Maybe this is a dumb question but why don't the pay lakes offer some kind of small discount to fish when the conditions are suboptimal like they are? It might encourage anglers to get out there rather than wait for conditions to clear up. *It must not make sense business wise I guess.

:Cool:

fongster
12-30-2010, 01:41 AM
That's some yummy looking water, lol.

dfisher
12-30-2010, 01:53 AM
Wow, thanks for the videos! How do you think it will look on Friday? The same?

Maybe this is a dumb question but why don't the pay lakes offer some kind of small discount to fish when the conditions are suboptimal like they are? It might encourage anglers to get out there rather than wait for conditions to clear up. *It must not make sense business wise I guess.

:Cool:

Friday will probably be bad. Tuesday it looked the same as this video. Also more rain to come.

MAVERICK27
12-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Good idea...a discount for bad conditions would be cool.

fishincrave
12-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks MAV for posting the videos .
Man the back of Santiago looks real bad with all the trash and debris .
And to bad about the owner of that house boat/motor home that's floating around in woody's cove.
I'm sure it's going take a few weeks with no heavy rains for the lake to get back to normal .

Kimbo
12-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Dibs on the basketball

Rooster
12-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Dibs on the basketball

I seen that ball around

Rooster
12-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Btw Mav, Hows the bass fishing been? Any strikes in the rain?

troutdog
12-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Sorry to hear someone lost a nice RV, don't think I have met "Cigar Bob" before but I heard he is a great guy...hopefully things get right with the insurance company quickly and he's off and running again.

I'd imagine that most of the So. Cal lakes took a beating the past week or so and Mother Nature usually plays no favorites. Between the fires from a couple years back and the rain we've had thus far, that canyon has sure seen its share of elements. Hopefully the water will be back to what we're used to by the MLK weekend tourney, I would think there are going to be plenty of hungry fish to catch with the continued stockings and current conditions.

See you at the lake...

TD

Sparky70
12-30-2010, 09:57 PM
CatFish will come out to play :EyePop::EyePop::EyePop:

muskyman
12-30-2010, 10:05 PM
cool videos. the fishing will be sick. All that slop and shallow water, man the bass fishing will be epic. All that flooding and all that debris is nothing to worry about. It has never affected the fishing before, and it won't now. The fish are still there, now there's more water to cover, just makes findin em interesting. When you have a full pool, you really find out who knows how to fish. My biggest bass outta there came Feb 28 1998 after a storm. Just over 9lbs on a 3/4 oz single oklahoma blade spinnerbait in red. At least your lakes aren't frozen over right now :)