PDA

View Full Version : Corona's a NO GO...SARL good spots ????

BeerMePlez
12-29-2010, 06:40 PM
:Fishing Catch: Anyone have any good spots for SARL??? Havent been there in a while...

bigwillie909
12-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Went today, got skunked. I only saw 2 fish caught the whole day.

Josh
12-30-2010, 03:00 PM
I was there last thursday with my folks who were visiting from NY, missed one and saw only 2 fish (then again it's a big lake). Gonna head out tomorrow and see if I can beat the skunk there.

Redside
12-30-2010, 10:31 PM
I fished the evening session today, and I got skunked. Water clarity is poor, visibility maybe a foot or so. I'll bet there is a huge amount of trout in this lake, and when they finally decide to bite, it should be epic.

BRING IT
12-30-2010, 11:25 PM
also went today landed 2 missed 2 slowwwwwwwwwwwww. water is poor.

tunagod1
12-31-2010, 08:43 AM
the water at corona is super dirty (muddy) You cant see 2 in. down, all the fish seem to be suspended at the upper third of the water column. I did not see any fish actively feeding all day. I would guess that as the sediment settle the bottom couple of feet are the worst. we caught 2 fish fishing boobers with long leaders. The other guy I saw had 1 fish but was fishing the same way. I metered tons of fish but didn't see any within 8 ft of the bottom. I quess thats why we call it fishing and not catching.

tight lines
Tuna out

Marley
01-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Several years ago their opener had about 7 feet of water at the dam and the water was quite muddy. The only way to get bit was to fish crawlers under a bobber. Sounds like maybe a slip bobber and stops are in order?