PDA

View Full Version : DFG Trout PLant + Shore Fishing = FIsh

udamonkeybutt
12-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Got out to Castaic around 8 and there was zero action for awhile. Then while waiting with sardines I see one trout swim along the shore line..... I walk futher down into coves.... I see about 30 rainbow trout just swimming along the shore not afraid of anything...:Secret: No one knew about this yet besides my dad and i.... we caught a total of 7 released a couple and lost 3 or so. We caught them on half a nightcrawler. THey would chase the powerbait, trout worms, and spinners but just swim away after awhile... ( I would use small spinners) NO pics due to errors with the attachments.. its acting up on me and if i can i will upload them later

jowo
12-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Did you see anything big chasing them? :)

udamonkeybutt
12-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Nothing but my worm... I GUess those trout never heard of bass before...

salmotrutta
12-30-2010, 07:49 AM
were those trout from this weeks plant or holdovers from the previous plant
just wondering
going friday with kids and get them on a fish
thx,keep ur rod tip up
salmo

kichigai1
12-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Did you see anything big chasing them? :)

yes but they wouldn't touch the swimbaits

bassmeister
12-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Nice going. Hows was the water clarity?

SwimbaitOnly
12-31-2010, 06:28 PM
Went out today throwing the swimbait and got nada. There are a bunch of trout in there though, pretty good sized ones too. Some 2-3lbers in the mix, havent seen that size before. No one was catching though. Ever seen salmon fisherman fish, that's what it looked like out there today, people lined up along the shore, catching nothing. Ill be out there tomorrow catching me some trout that's for sure..