PDA

View Full Version : Eco-worm containers???

hooks
12-28-2010, 10:53 PM
With all the muddy water, I thought I'd gripe a little about those new Eco-worm containers sold at the lake. They are terrible. When I pay $6 for worms I expect them to at least survive the day. The last 3 times I got worms there, they were in a knotted up ball on top of hard clumps of very little dirt. The only way I've got to them survive the day is by adding alot of water and breaking the clumps of rock up.
I can and will start buying my bait somewhere else if this isn't corrected very soon.
And when a container says jumbo night crawlers it should contain jumbo crawlers not 1.5 inchers. Please ask the vendor to fix these issues.

dontbeAd-bag
12-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Complaining about.... a worm container? Nut-up and fish jigs if the worms the lake has aren't good enough.

BRING IT
12-29-2010, 07:01 AM
This clown complains about everything, do your self a favor, quit fishing!:Smack:

smokehound
12-29-2010, 07:35 AM
Sounds like you purchased a species of worm that doesn't tolerate cold weather-- Red wigglers/Manure worms, european nightcrawlers, and their close kin live in habitats that native earthworms perish in-- Like compost piles, where the temp inside can soar over 90 degrees. They can be kept in a state of dormancy with refrigeration, but once they snap out of it, they rapidly die in temps of 60 degrees.

For this weather, exposure to cold air will kill these kinds of worm.

For cold-loving species, you want Canadian nightcrawlers, Or garden worms you dig yourself. (the ones you dig up work better and survive longer underwater, btw).

For a good worm-container, just find an old plastic folger's coffee container, these work great-- i recommend the red ones.

Also, dont worry about the worms being smallish. a small 2-inch long worm can stretch as long as 12 inches while it struggles on your hook underwater.. I'd say your worms were the perfect size!

hooks
12-29-2010, 07:54 AM
This clown complains about everything, do your self a favor, quit fishing!:Smack:

Thanks Scott !!:Neener Neener:

Bobber Boy
12-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Hooks! Did you bother going to the Irvine Lake staff with your concerns about their worms? Seems like a better way to resolve your issue. Coming on here and bashing the lake about what they are not doing and how things are not to your liking certainly won't help your case. The staff there at the lake go to great lengths to be sure the visiting anglers are satisfied. Just talk with them and see what happens!

hooks
12-29-2010, 08:05 AM
Bashing the lake on here? Bobber boy, you're new on this board. I case you didn't know. Many issues have been resolved through post placed here. Just because these guys can't catch fish in stained water, they get po"d and attack me. Scotts says I'm a clown who complains about everything (like what, worm containers)
Keep up those great post "TEAM BRING IT"...
By the way, I have 200 points on my reward card now so I do know the Vine and the staff at the vine quite well.

Bobber Boy
12-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Sounded like bashing to me! IMO

hooks
12-29-2010, 08:22 AM
By bashing, if you mean, I'm tired of paying 6 bucks for 24 count worms that die soon after I leave the tackle store then ,yes, I guess I'm bashing. Surely, you must know the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Bobber Boy
12-29-2010, 08:30 AM
I hear ya there! Guess your post just hit me wrong!

hooks
12-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Complaining about.... a worm container? Nut-up and fish jigs if the worms the lake has aren't good enough.
Jigs don't work now, don't believe me, then waste your day throwing jigs.

smokehound
12-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Well then, stop buying worms that die after you leave the tackle store for six dollars.

Circular Logic is a vicious cycle.

hooks
12-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Well then, stop buying worms that die after you leave the tackle store for six dollars.

Circular Logic is a vicious cycle.
My point exactly, I'd like to give the Vine my money instead of someone else.
Just giving them (their vendor) the chance to fix this (I'm not the only one who has complained about this believe it or not, now maybe it will be addressed).

Marley
01-01-2011, 02:25 PM
I have to agree with Hooks on this one. Those new worm containers suck hard and anyone who has ever read my trip reports or received a PM knows that I fish worms almost exclusively. Dry bedding, lids that don't stay on, small worms that are marginal at best when just purchased. I can't even buy good worms at Bass Pro Shops any more because they now have the same thing. I complained to the manager out there, too. We'll see how that goes.
This whole Green movement shiznit may have merit, but not in this case.

Troutman65
01-01-2011, 04:55 PM
I have not seen these new containers yet . So, there is little to no soil in the containers ? Can some one post a photo of a green container of the worms ?

Marley
01-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Until someone posts a pic of a tub of worms, here's a link to the manufacturer. Interesting concept (I can't say "nice" because I don't believe that) but the design needs improvement. Like keeping the cup-and-lid design and simply changing the material from styrofoam to bagasse (or corn starch.) It seems to have worked quite well for decades.
Anyway:
http://www.greentackle.com/blog/icast-2010-las-vegas

Troutman65
01-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the link Marley . :Wink:

Hitts0n
01-02-2011, 02:09 AM
CRY CRY CRY.All you have to do is speak with jimmy and he would have taken care of you in 12 seconds.
This is lake bashing.B0bber boy has been walking around that lake for years.New to the site? Oh and rewards points...lmao...big deal.
This lake takes care of us like no other....talk to them and not to the public.
Now I know what Dana meant by "Lets get back to fishing" lma0 !!!!! Fishing reports doesnt this state?
Is this a report,or rambling? Hooks,....looking forward to your fresh new wormsa nd next report.
Sorry to hear about you couldnt get your worm up...........

bman90278
01-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Sounds like you are complaining even though you think you are not. It sounds like you are somewhat of a regular at the Vine and could have had it taken care of with a simple visit back at the bait shop / office. I can tell you I've only been there a handful of times and the Vine Staff has been awesome to me and my family.

Maybe the "Worm Incident" is a sign you need to step up and do some real fishing. Try some lures, jigs, or even some flies...Then you will really be fishing.

Just sayin, :)
brian

seal
01-04-2011, 08:45 AM
This seemed like a pretty innocent thread on a concerning topic that others have indicated might be a problem. Come on I think Irvine can take a little critique without you guys having to jump all over him. It's a good lake, I use to fish it all the time and love it, but every buisness has room for improvement and that's all this seems to be a request to resolve a problem, and although bringing it to the lakes attention in person is a great idea until the problem is resolved it's also in the best interest of those that want to purchase worms there to get a heads up.

Seems to me he did some a favor by posting this, until problem resolved purchase worms elsewhere, but still go to the Vine.

Oh and worms are very productive as most of us know just following a storm with all the runoff and stuff, just sayin.....

Sublime-Steve
01-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Ive never seen SO MUCH DRAMA. for 1 small lake.. i do just as good @ a free lake lol sept nothing like those mutant things u guys pull out of there WHERE DID THE TAIL'S GO?!

Marley
01-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Ive never seen SO MUCH DRAMA. for 1 small lake.. i do just as good @ a free lake lol sept nothing like those mutant things u guys pull out of there WHERE DID THE TAIL'S GO?!

Which lake do you fish and catch such wonderful, free trout out of?

Jfishy
01-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Glad to see nothing has changed on FNN....Does anyone even post reports here anymore or do you guys just ***** at each other like a bunch of little queens all day long?

seal
01-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Glad to see nothing has changed on FNN....Does anyone even post reports here anymore or do you guys just ***** at each other like a bunch of little queens all day long?

Gee we sure are glad you came back to post, your post sure does help resolve this worm concern.

What's your take on bad worms? Cause I just gotta know your opinion, your insite is just amazing and I bet all of FNN is just waiting for you next intelligent reply.

bman90278
01-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Gee we sure are glad you came back to post, your post sure does help resolve this worm concern.

What's your take on bad worms? Cause I just gotta know your opinion, your insite is just amazing and I bet all of FNN is just waiting for you next intelligent reply.

My wife just told me dinner is ready and now I will have to tell her I can't until he makes his next reply. LMAO

brian

seal
01-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Tell your wife dinner can wait, this is really important! Jfishy's reply is coming, come on dude this queen just has to see your next comment.