PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Milk Tuesday..................

King Halibut
12-28-2010, 07:17 PM
A buddy of mine and his kids made our annual trek to the Vine for our holiday fishing trip.
First off props to the Vine for dropping the price of boat rentals on Tuesdays, makes it almost affordable.

Now on to the fishing or lack of.......................
We motored our pontoon ALL over the lake and didn't see a fish caught until we got back to the dock before going home for the day.
A young kid had caught it from a boat tied to the dock!

The water was the color of weak chocolate milk, kind of a medium brown. There was a ton of debris all over the lake and is dangerous for boaters and propellers!

We tried the west shore (three different spots), Santiago Flats (two different spots) and Trout Island (two spots) for nada, nothing. Not even a bite. Tried all the typical baits including the dreaded and recommended white power nugget and nightcrawler dipped in garlic anything. Zilch!

Spoke with a couple trollers and it looked like they were having the same problem. Too much junk in the water and too dirty.

I'm guessing the fishing will remain this way until the water clears, probably a couple weeks as we are expecting more rain later in the week.

Best of luck to those who brave the brown water.

KH

BRING IT
12-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the report

Koontaj
12-28-2010, 09:07 PM
ya! its was caca fishing for me on monday. We trolled all over and only caught a 10lb cat...Oh well better luck on the trout next time. PB on the cat and better than a skunk

Surfer
12-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Dang. This is not the type of report I was hoping to read. I was planning on hitting up the Vine on Friday, but now I'm thinking twice. I don't want to make the long drive just to waste time and money on a muddy skunk.

dfisher
12-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah save your time Surfer. Wait it out. the fishing conditions there are garbage right now.

MAVERICK27
12-29-2010, 12:20 PM
That's fishing, nature and weather effects. I'm sorry it had to hapen on your yearly trip. I hate when kids get excited to fish and not get anything. I fear it makes them not want to go on the next trip. I hope next year is better for you and your family.

King Halibut
12-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Mav,

Thanks for the best wishes. We have gone to the Vine the last four years and this the first time the kids have been skunked.
Tried to talk their dad out if it, but the kids wanted to go. So we went, oh well.
There was one positive, it was the first time the kids had ever been on a boat so all was not lost.

KH