PDA

View Full Version : Sun 12/26 late report

GdHkSet1
12-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Expected to see alot of folks out at DV day after xmas trying out thier new toys, but upoun arrival the lot looked pretty thin for a weekend/holiday period. Heard that the bait moved out, water temp on my ff was aroud 61 water was glass in some parts pretty good clarity but trolling around did not produce squat- went home with the skunkage. We metered lots of bait 30-4' exiting the 3rd large cove from the docks, made a few passes but no joy.

The north-east corner, we saw looked to be some DD stripeys cruising along the shore, nothing boiling around that area or anywhere else they were just cruising maybe with some rainbows in thier gut already. Oh well, may have to hit before the new year.

Vince

PONTOON
12-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Vince,

At least you got to get out on the water and enjoy the day. Like the old saying goes "if you caught fish every time you went out it would get pretty boring after a while".
I'm looking forward to crossing paths with you out at DVL pretty soon.....I'll see you then.

TrouTracker
12-28-2010, 11:12 AM
To Vince- It's always a little challenging during the winter months at DVL. This has been a strange year with all the different changes going on. We've got to change up our strategies, especially on the troll. Thanks for the observations on your report. Hope to see you on the water soon.
Barry

Fusionwerks
12-28-2010, 04:18 PM
went out friday the 24th and took home the skunk too. i talked to a guy at the boat check out that afternoon and he said he did ok jigging spoons in 60'. its been tough. i want to go back to september and hit a football field size boil. i hate the winter time dry spell like whats going on now. im going out this friday mainly to try out a few adjustments to the boat, but i will definitely be trying some jigging along the way. if anybody has any other suggestions im open to listening.

HuskerRod
12-28-2010, 05:59 PM
and I thought I was the only one struggling out there. My last two trips on the troll yielded a 5 pound largemouth bass one day and a 2.5 pound largemouth bass the next day. Both days I barely avoided the skunk stripe. Im not sure where the stripers went. I spent a bunch of time working good marks in areas that produced before and the fish were there...marks a planety, but no go for me.

tomah
12-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Yea, my fish finder was going off, but no bites

GdHkSet1
12-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Vince,

At least you got to get out on the water and enjoy the day. Like the old saying goes "if you caught fish every time you went out it would get pretty boring after a while".
I'm looking forward to crossing paths with you out at DVL pretty soon.....I'll see you then.

Likewise, I'd like to get out to OC and hit the Vine or/and a upcoming FNN charity event. See ya in 11 Terry.

To Vince- It's always a little challenging during the winter months at DVL. This has been a strange year with all the different changes going on. We've got to change up our strategies, especially on the troll. Thanks for the observations on your report. Hope to see you on the water soon.
Barry
Beleive it or not got "a" hit on a excel out on the west side, tried different colors and depths on the DR but switched back to the stripey thing. See you out there Barry.

went out friday the 24th and took home the skunk too. i talked to a guy at the boat check out that afternoon and he said he did ok jigging spoons in 60'. its been tough. i want to go back to september and hit a football field size boil. i hate the winter time dry spell like whats going on now. im going out this friday mainly to try out a few adjustments to the boat, but i will definitely be trying some jigging along the way. if anybody has any other suggestions im open to listening.
I did ran into a couple of fellas heaving triple trouts, punkers, and alot of other arsenal they did get a stripey in the a.m. Good luck on new years eve day, I'm picking up a Garmin FF from pwynn hopefully I'll be able to play with it this weekend, good luck on the jigs.

and I thought I was the only one struggling out there. My last two trips on the troll yielded a 5 pound largemouth bass one day and a 2.5 pound largemouth bass the next day. Both days I barely avoided the skunk stripe. Im not sure where the stripers went. I spent a bunch of time working good marks in areas that produced before and the fish were there...marks a planety, but no go for me.
Rod, nice job on the green fish-keep at it man. Going to the holiday bowl to see your husker boyz play?

Yea, my fish finder was going off, but no bites
Tomah, see you out there sometime, I',m in a white old Crestliner trollin or driftn around here and there..

TroutOnly
12-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Stay off it till there done pushing the water in,that much coming in so often will kill the bite ,,,,,,,,,,,,

GdHkSet1
12-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Bob,

I thought I saw your rig in the lot that same day, no doubt about the water man. I came around a couple of points and the depth change was so sudden lossed a rig or two that day.

HuskerRod
12-29-2010, 08:11 PM
I'll be watching the Holiday Bowl in the comfort of my living room.....bucket of popcorn on my left, ice cold refreshments on my right......dogs on my lap.....wife somewhere in the house away from me..heeheheh