PDA

View Full Version : First time to tube the Vine need advise

Booyah 2 Ya
12-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Going to fish and tube this lake on Tuesday for the first time, any advise? Thanks and Booyah 2 Ya.

baitdunker
12-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Lake is muddy and not in best shape for tubing. BUT, if you must, your only safe launch site is the regular cement launch ramp.
My suggestion is to go no further than the point of the West Shore and confine your attention to area between the rental boat dock and Woody's cove.
This is just my opinion. Maybe others will have input for you.

MAVERICK27
12-27-2010, 12:32 PM
That is sound advice...Nightcrawlers and mini jigs...bright colors. If the water clears up at all, i'd throw Lip Ripperz Z-Spoons (firetiger) and use scent. The glitter Bite -On if there is sun for the glitter to catch. Good luck and let us know how you do....pics :)

roby
12-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Kayaks and tubes are not allowed on the lake at this time - safety concerns.

Booyah 2 Ya
12-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Ok 4 years of college and I can't spell ADVICE - anyway to all those that replied - Very much appreciated, if Roby update is right, then I was saved a long drive. Thanks. Just FYI, sounds like most people fish trout there, I'm a bass guy, but today at Diamond Valley I had to go after a few trout I saw while shore fishing - ended up with 5 in just two hours, nothing under 3 pounds, biggest was 6. Secret- West dam by the cove as close as you can get to the dam - use Thomas Boyant (SP?) (lady bug color) or trout worm, drop shot - rainbow - hope that helps, going to float Perris Tuesday. maybe this spring I'll give the Vine a go.

See Chris Fish
12-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Tubes and kayaks were on the lake today!!!!
Go for it!!!
It seemed to be the way to go today.

Lake is muddy. Water level is high. Can't get to flats. The road bridge is just out of the water but inaccessible.
Very little debris on the lake. I was pleasantly surprised.
Shore fishing is tough, to say the least. Get there early to get the spots.
I wish I'd brought my tube. Set it up, then talked myself out of it.
Bright colors and scent, as mentioned, are the way to go with this color of water.

It was tough today, but fish were caught.

hooks
12-28-2010, 06:56 AM
Tubes and kayaks were on the lake today!!!!
Go for it!!!
It seemed to be the way to go today.

Lake is muddy. Water level is high. Can't get to flats. The road bridge is just out of the water but inaccessible.
Very little debris on the lake. I was pleasantly surprised.
Shore fishing is tough, to say the least. Get there early to get the spots.
I wish I'd brought my tube. Set it up, then talked myself out of it.
Bright colors and scent, as mentioned, are the way to go with this color of water.

It was tough today, but fish were caught.

Tons of debris mid lake and in the creek. You can go back to the flats if you have boat access.
The lake was closed from rocky point to the west shore back to the damn. You can troll about 35% of the lake.
The water is stained, use night crawlers under a bobber.:Secret:

Surfer
12-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Is the fishing super tough? I usually catch my fish on kastmasters. I plan on going with my dad on Friday and fishing from a boat. What are some proven muddy water techniques?

hooks
12-28-2010, 01:55 PM
See above post....:Beat Stick: