PDA

View Full Version : LnL Report after the storm 12/26

SD Pirate
12-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Hey Every one.. I have been fishing way to much and haven't put any reports up but thats going to change.. Hit up LnL today got there at 9:30 this morning and there was only about 30 peaple so getting a spot at my normal honey hole's was pretty easy.. I started out at the launch ramp the water was really BAD maybe a foot of visibility.. My first rig was a night crawler & garlic pb on a 8 inch leader with the new Bite On Crimson & on my second I was split shotting various Lip Ripperz.. Tried just about every bright color they make but never got bit on the plastics. As for my bait and wait rod I got picked up 10-12 times threw out the day and only got one to stick. It was a nice 3 1/2 to 4 lb Hookjaw. I felt pretty good about that cause I heard only 5 fish had been caught the entire day! I have to say the Bite On Crimson made a huge difference because I was definitely getting bit more then most they just wouldn't commit... If your thinking about hitting LnL up I would definitely give it a few more day's to recover from that huge storm and when it does it will probably be wide open because there are a lot of fish in there right now.. Hope this helps some of you out..

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k553/hoem1904/hookjaw.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k553/hoem1904/hookjaw4.jpg

I cant figure out how to resize them??

troutguy26
12-27-2010, 12:09 AM
good job out there man...water does look pretty bad as of now... it will clear soon tho, just like every lake... u fished in that little canal right there? haha thats crazy... again, good job

tight lineZ

SD Pirate
12-27-2010, 12:51 AM
Yeah I forgot to put that in here.. I saw a few fish rolling in there so I fished it for the last half hour of the day..

troutguy26
12-27-2010, 12:53 AM
oh ok sweet..thats cool, looks like a cool little spot to throw some jigs

SD Pirate
12-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Yeah that spot can be really productive! Lip ripperz on a jig head are my go to method back in there....

Spaulding
12-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Good looking fish, congrats.

bass assassin#23
12-27-2010, 06:22 PM
sick *** hook jaw bro. i need to get my hands on one of those! or jig haha nice vizor too!

ghetto dad
12-27-2010, 09:59 PM
NICE job brother!!! If you check my previous LNL reports, I couldnt get the fish to stick either man...thats the only lake I have that problem! lol...someone told me (dont know if its true) but since its a small lake, and there are many fish in it this season, a lot of those "strikes" are fish swimming into your line (they swim with their mouths open, so as they are passing, they get your line). IDK, it kinda makes sense, lol....who knows..great report and fish brother!

ezcompany
12-28-2010, 02:50 PM
we were the ones that lent you the net haha
nice fish. we got the stripe :Embarrassed:

SD Pirate
12-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Oh sweet! Thanks again for the net....

BigBass777
12-29-2010, 01:38 PM
That is a very cool looking hook jaw! Great catch! Is Rick stocking the Utah trout this season? I've never seen a Mt. Lassen fish look like that.

I remember fishing that lake once after a heavy rain. The guys next to me were catching the fish on yellow powerbait. Too bad I didn't have it in my tackle bag at the time and don't recall catching anything either. Cold muddy water is the worst water to fish in on any lake.

jiggaman
01-05-2011, 06:08 PM
hey dude i tried sending au a pm and ur box is full clear it up