PDA

View Full Version : Lake Conditions?

dfisher
12-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Think the lake will be fine this coming Tuesday?

Trout island accessable? West shore?

Thanks guys!

MAVERICK27
12-27-2010, 09:17 AM
I was there Friday. It was FULL pool! I have some video I took, including a very new RV that was half underwater and appeared to have floated across Woody's cove where it sits.

Trout Island is barely enough land to stand on and only accessable by boat. The water was like pudding. Visibility was about 3-5 inches. That is to be expected after a hellofa storm. This week/end should IGNITE the big fish. That's my prediction. If I were off Tuesday, I would fish it!! Good luck and let us know how you do!!

dfisher
12-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Any tips on where one would fish after this big storm? I used to just fish from trout island.. We'll be fishing from shore.. West shore?

Also, short leader in murky waters correct? Im guessing some fish will move in shallow, possibly throw lip ripper tubes, color? Chartruese?

Hopefully I have a nice report to bring back here.

sawoobley
12-27-2010, 02:26 PM
How do you think the lake will be this Friday? My bro and I may hit it up.

:Cool:

MAVERICK27
12-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Fish shallow. Start with short leaders and adjust according to clarity and where fish cruise or hold. I'd stay with bright jigs and/or night crawlers. The trout seem to love natural bait (crawlers, shad etc) before/during/after fronts and storms. At least that has been my experience at the Vine.

As for location, I havent spent any time for trout on shore and only 35% of my lake time for the species, but I was there Friday and can tell you what I saw etc.. GL out there!!!

dfisher
12-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks maverick, appreciate it!!

MAVERICK27
12-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Anytime! I hope that water clears up for ya...if it does..it will be WFO!! GL!!

ghetto dad
12-28-2010, 09:13 AM
dont forget the scent...like some Bite-on! etc...good luck!!! have fun

BigKat88
12-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Hey Mav; where is the video? I would really like to see it.

dfisher
12-29-2010, 12:08 PM
No report. Didn't catch anything to report. Conditions are garbage, water looks like mud. Debris everywhere along rocky point to santiago flats. They have a bouy line setup from rocky point to crawdad point on the their map, access to fishing sierra cove is not permitted.

Baits used, nightcrawlers. 3/4th of them were dead :( not that it would have mattered anyway... PB -every color known.. gulp worms.. lures etc.. trolling... not even one bite.. Sucks but I know I wasn't alone.. The whole day I saw 3 fish being caught and both by a little girl, maybe 8 years old? Another fish, I heard the little boy barely had his bait in the water and the trout came up and grabbed it..

and I saw the RV thats half way submerged in woodys cove, I was going to jump on it and take a picture for the highlight of the day.