PDA

View Full Version : freshie newb! What's in your tackle box!?

tomah
12-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Hey hows it going everyone? I'm a southern californian salt water angler just now getting into fresh water since its much easier for me to access on a daily basis. I've been doing some research intobaits and have been buying senko's, kut-tails, fat ikas and some DT rapalas. I have hook sizes from size 1 to 6 offset hooks looking to nab some nice bass. :)

Soooo... What's in your box?

xjdesertfox
12-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Plastics:
6" FAT roboworms in ~8 colors
7" roboworms in 4 colors
5.5" curly tail roboworms in 3 colors
5" senkos in 4 colors
4" Keitech swing impact in 2 colors
3.75" yamamoto flappin hogs 2 colors

Sinkers:
1/8oz, 1/4oz, 3/8oz bullet weights
1/16,1/8th,1/4oz skinny dropshot weights
Texas pegs

Hooks:
Owner 1/0 straight shank worm hook
Owner 1 straight shank worm hook
Roboworm size 1 rebarb
Roboworm size 2 rebarb
Owner dropshot mosquito hooks

Those are my essentials that i take with me everywhere.

old pudd fisher
12-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Nice setup xjdesertfox...Traveling lite but effective, that how I like to do it.

P.A.W.
12-27-2010, 05:32 AM
My everyday setup for Bass is one pole with Senko and one with dropshot, one pole with topwater (braid with a Zara spook), one jerkbait , and one with either a spinnerbait or crank. I fish from a boat so they are all ready to go.

DarkShadow
12-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Items in my tackle box:

Aquasonix
Color C Lector
Helicopter Lure
Banjo Minnow
Pre-snelled Eagle Claw Bait Holder Hooks
Half used spool of spectra, for the big ones
All the colors and flavors of PowerBait
The Flying Lure
That lure that flashes and needs batteries
Metal stringer
A box of snap swivels
Assorted spark plugs
One ounce pyramid sinkers
Rusty pliers
Sabiki Rig
Catfish nuggets
Extra tips for my poles

cutbait
12-27-2010, 01:10 PM
My go to bait is the laser lure

Laser lure=stripercandy

madwire3
12-27-2010, 02:28 PM
My go to bait is the laser lure

Laser lure=stripercandy

haha u serious?

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-27-2010, 05:03 PM
man....there isn't enough processing power to hold my post if I listed it...it's not ONE tackle box...it's a ROOM....not necessarily as organized as it should be either.....tackle tranfers from one box to next at will due to fishing conditions and or species...fresh or salt....lures or bait....

sheesh..I'm tiring out just thinking bout it...

if your seeking some knowledge on what to buy to start the fishing tackle whore cycle....state a specific species and I'll list a few good ol stand-by's..

Laser Lure ? I have 1 whole section in my room laid out for those....I use them for xmas lights this time of year....AND to punk the Noobs from Bako...namely Cutbait...

I sold him 3 on e-bay along with some moon rocks

DarkShadow
12-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Oh, i also have 3 of these:

http://cdn1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/169/799/990/6AXA.jpg

tomah
12-28-2010, 10:38 AM
man....there isn't enough processing power to hold my post if I listed it...it's not ONE tackle box...it's a ROOM....not necessarily as organized as it should be either.....tackle tranfers from one box to next at will due to fishing conditions and or species...fresh or salt....lures or bait....

sheesh..I'm tiring out just thinking bout it...

if your seeking some knowledge on what to buy to start the fishing tackle whore cycle....state a specific species and I'll list a few good ol stand-by's..

Laser Lure ? I have 1 whole section in my room laid out for those....I use them for xmas lights this time of year....AND to punk the Noobs from Bako...namely Cutbait...

I sold him 3 on e-bay along with some moon rocks

Looking to fish bass and striper mainly at dvl and my local park lake after work at el dorado park

Any help would be appreciated