PDA

View Full Version : Lake Hemet on Christmas Day

el_chojin
12-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Decided to go here as Irvine was closed yesterday. We got off to a late start due to Holiday lag :Smile: Didn't hit the water until around 10. This first thing you notice is how murky the water is. I dipped my rod in the water and you couldn't see more than half a foot, if that. Then when you stick your hand in, the water was extremely cold. Still, we decided to troll over to the dam area. I haven't been here since late August and the water level rose a ton. I could have easily climbed the dam that was once massive looking. I later spoke to a ranger and he said they received over 9 inches from the recent storms.

All in all, the fishing was very rough. No bites or nibbles between the 3 of us all day. Hung around the dam area and surrounding coves. Spoke to the only other anglers out on a boat and they were able to catch 3 dink rainbows at the very end. All caught on PB near the shore of a cove we were also by. But we went closer to the middle of the lake after we saw an eagle(?) dive and make off with a fish. Probably should've gone back to the dam. It was great to be back out on the water after about a month. I can't wait to go fishing again

No pics of fishing but here's a nice view on the way back down from my phone

JAG107
12-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the report!