PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Morning Baptism

Geraldlim
12-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Merry Christmas FNNers!
Went out this morning to the canal before the family woke up.
Got to the canal at 5:00 AM.
Very low flow, and water levels very low in this section.

Cast around for a while for no bites, and decided to change spots.

Dropped my lure in along the bank and walked back toward the car with an open bail, with the idea of doing a long retrieve down the middle when I got to the curve 60 yards away. I walked down along the slope of the concrete canal wall near the water line which was dry and grippy, so I could lay the line in the water and not get hung up on the sides.

When I get to the curve, I was about to climb out when my feet slipped on a sandy patch where rain had washed sand down the bank. Just like that, I was on my hands and knees, not in the water or the wet part of the sides, but every movement caused me to slide a few more inches down. I decided to try distributing my weight more by laying flat on the wall. Big mistake. Immediately slid down a couple of feet, and now with my feet on the wet muddy part, I just inched slowly, smoothly and inexorably down into the water down to my waist!

Come on in, the water's great! :ROFL::ROFL:
I edged sideways over to a nearby grate and climbed out. Iphone is soaked, and I'm soaked to my belly button level.

Got to the car, stripped down to my underwear, turned on the heat full blast and drove home carefully so I would not have to explain to some cop why I am nearly naked on the freeway before 6 in the morning!

As a plus, my video camera which was in my backpack did not get damaged cuz it was in a ziploc. In future my phone is always gonna be in a ziploc too cuz I'm sure this won't be the last time!

keepemlo
12-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Ouch bro sorry to hear it ,I've been lookn on line to get a used under water camera I see them for bout 30 bucks I'm scared to get my new phone wet anyway ,put your phone in a zip lock with rice itl suck out the water

yolo
12-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Now you will be nailing the fish out of there. You were one with the water.

fullstringer
12-25-2010, 09:42 PM
glad to hear your ok,have you put the gathering in Blythe on your calendar??

Geraldlim
12-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Now you will be nailing the fish out of there. You were one with the water.
Yeah... I even smelled like it LOL

glad to hear your ok,have you put the gathering in Blythe on your calendar??
What gathering Joe? When? Sounds like catfish fun.

bman90278
12-26-2010, 08:00 AM
http://www.microskiff.com/yabbfiles/Attachments/ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

Just kidding...

I always carry spare clothes, shoes, jackets in the back seat of my truck for work for changing weather and in case something rips at work.

brian

DarkShadow
12-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Got to the car, stripped down to my underwear, turned on the heat full blast and drove home carefully so I would not have to explain to some cop why I am nearly naked on the freeway before 6 in the morning!

Glad to see i'm not the only one that has to explain that scenario to cops at 6 am.

Wingnut
12-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Oh man... what a great story. I'm glad that you're okay and can post and share it with us. No worries about the phone, it can be replaced. :Cool:

As for the driving in your underwear in the middle of the night... I may have done that once or twice in my college days. Why...? I can't seem to remember... :LOL:

Geraldlim
12-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Glad to see i'm not the only one that has to explain that scenario to cops at 6 am.

As for the driving in your underwear in the middle of the night... I may have done that once or twice in my college days. Why...? I can't seem to remember... :LOL:

Hmmmm........ an interesting bunch, FNN'ers:Cool:
Wingnut, I was never in any danger. I was just a pussy. If I was really hardcore, I would have just carried on fishing after that, like I expect Gary would, instead of slinking off home with my tail between my legs!:Big Grin:

DockRat
12-28-2010, 06:16 AM
Funny Story.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g133/nickgrond/Dont%20die%20Drunk/eatingunderwear.jpg:ROFL:

Katnip
12-29-2010, 08:39 PM
I'd rather eat my underwear than my girlfriends' cooking...

VietReefer
12-31-2010, 02:19 AM
So this is how you lost my number lol, seems like a fun & memoriable trip Gerald :)