PDA

View Full Version : SAR live update

Trout Daddy
12-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Trout 2 me nothing. A bunch of people and only a few fish.

Trout Daddy
12-23-2010, 11:20 PM
It was not as good as I was hoping for. The bubble hole area was the top producer on pink and orange worms. I fished next to the boat dock to the right. I got a hit early in the AM on a crawler color worm with green power egg and it was definately a big one. Peeled drag for a long time, got it close but couldnt land it. Other than that 2 on orange PB and nothing, I mean nothing on jigs or worms in that area.
This being only my second time to SARL I learned a few things:

When you catch a big fish it is going to cross alot of people lines and they can care less

Those videos sure do make you think you are going to catch fish

Getting in line at 3AM to fish SUCKS!

A Big long net is a must!

It's funny to watch people fish like 6 poles and get bites on more than one of them

2 feet of room is enough for someone to stake a claim to a spot

Some people there really think they are BAD ***** fishermen. They know everything and have
caught all the big fish there and there way is the absolute right way

3AM to be in line is early, I know I said it earlier

All in all, dissappointed. Didnt see any fish get caught from the boat docks to the bubble hole. Not sure if many were caught anywhere else either. The boaters werent doing much better. Hopefully it improves soon. I tell myself I'm not going back but all it takes is to watch another damn stocking video, the super slo mo does it for me, LOL!

fishinglakes.com
12-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Hello Trout Daddy, I like the SlowMo Video as well. Here a a few photos of some of the trout caught today. (http://www.fishinglakes.com/sarl_photos.htm)

Sorry you did not land that BIG one!

Trout Doctor
12-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Hey, speaking of... what's the etiquette when someone has a fish on and is about to cross your line? I would assume you reel in ASAP?

Sorry, I'm new at this stuff. I see people complain all the time about trollers who were driving their boat wrong somehow or stuff like this and, well, I don't wanna be that guy. Know what I'm saying?

Trout Daddy
12-24-2010, 12:03 PM
in my opinion reel in.

troutguy26
12-24-2010, 12:11 PM
yes, reel in...its a nice thing to do

Thisfool
12-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey, speaking of... what's the etiquette when someone has a fish on and is about to cross your line? I would assume you reel in ASAP?

Sorry, I'm new at this stuff. I see people complain all the time about trollers who were driving their boat wrong somehow or stuff like this and, well, I don't wanna be that guy. Know what I'm saying?

yea i would say reel in but i haven't fished the shore to often when it is shoulder to shoulder like that.

when people talk about some one trolling wrong they are referring to people cutting you off say i am holding a straight line center lake and some one makes a turn (while also trolling) and they have timed it to where if i hold my line i will run over there lines or they will run over mine. also people will get to close behind you so that there boat is on top of your lures killing your bite. some people complain about people trolling the opposite way like going counter clockwise when the rule is to go clockwise but that particular one doesn't bother me to much as long as they hold there line. to me it is easier to avoid some one going opposite then me and holding there line then it is some one turning in front of me.

last time i was out on the other lake i was making a turn and some guy started yelling at me i better not cut him off or he will cut my lines (he dint realize i was making a turn he though i was going straight) then when i told him i was turning he lectured me about how the guy on the right has the right of way. (he was trolling at a faster speed then me) Then when he got ahead of me he cut me off. that one really pissed me off.

to bad about the slow bite trout daddy you will get them next time.

Hometown
12-24-2010, 03:18 PM
i AGREE WITH YOU 100% ABOUT TROLLING ETIQUITE
yea i would say reel in but i haven't fished the shore to often when it is shoulder to shoulder like that.

when people talk about some one trolling wrong they are referring to people cutting you off say i am holding a straight line center lake and some one makes a turn (while also trolling) and they have timed it to where if i hold my line i will run over there lines or they will run over mine. also people will get to close behind you so that there boat is on top of your lures killing your bite. some people complain about people trolling the opposite way like going counter clockwise when the rule is to go clockwise but that particular one doesn't bother me to much as long as they hold there line. to me it is easier to avoid some one going opposite then me and holding there line then it is some one turning in front of me.

last time i was out on the other lake i was making a turn and some guy started yelling at me i better not cut him off or he will cut my lines (he dint realize i was making a turn he though i was going straight) then when i told him i was turning he lectured me about how the guy on the right has the right of way. (he was trolling at a faster speed then me) Then when he got ahead of me he cut me off. that one really pissed me off.

to bad about the slow bite trout daddy you will get them next time.

luckyjr21
12-25-2010, 03:30 PM
I smart person would read these bad reports and no got the lake ,I really wish I was smarter!LOL