PDA

View Full Version : Piru Creek

Poseidon
12-22-2010, 05:58 PM
I was wondering if anyone of you know if we are allowed to camp there?

simijab
12-22-2010, 08:55 PM
I was wondering if anyone of you know if we are allowed to camp there?

as far as I know you can. We have seen back packers leave from frenchmen flats and I have seen a couple tents there but I haven't been there since they stopped stocking. I would like to go and fish the C&R section of the river above the bridge. You have to have your forest adventure pass to park there.

tpfishnfool
12-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Be carefull.. Dont leave your car un attended..

TROUT MASTERS
12-22-2010, 11:44 PM
i was wondering if anyone of you know if we are allowed to camp there?
As long as you dont mind the( animals) that leave there trash all over the shore line
and (people) have no respect for the nature,sure why not.
PS: MAKE SURE YOU ARE PACKED!!!:Guns:

Jimbow
12-23-2010, 05:59 AM
Last time my daughter and I planned a hike there we ran into all sorts of illegals, homeless camps that were living by the stream. We were dodging the pellets from kids out in the brush shooting at anything that moved. It was very sad that such a nice area has been let go by the forest service. The stream was an absolute wasteland.
:.(.........

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
12-23-2010, 06:05 AM
Been a few years since I've been there, but beware of the possibility of bears, definately racoons, and the usual squirrels and birds. Only snakes during the winter months are non-poisonous. Rattlers are common when it's warm-hot.
Would be quiet there since not many fish the creek anymore.
TTFM

bman90278
12-23-2010, 06:41 AM
I fished Frenchman's Flat monthly during the 70's and 80's. Very sad to hear what's happened up there.

Like the others say, be careful up there...I've heard the same from some reliable sources.

brian