PDA

View Full Version : Line Retrieve Per Crank

roby
12-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Does anyone know the "line retrieve per crank" for the Shimano Curado Bantam 101 and 201 reels? And if you have the time, the max drag as well for each of the reels. I would like to throw some lures for bass (saltwater - in the kelp), but not sure they are fast enough.

Should I buy the new high speed Curados to throw Waxwings and other lures that need a fast retrieve? Thanks.

pasadenafishin
12-22-2010, 03:02 PM
I have seen bantams with gear rations as high as 6.2:1 and as slooowwww as 4:1. I don't think you should worry to much about the ratio unless your fishing for bass in slop and you need to get the bass back to the boat as quick as possible as to not let it hang up. But if your fishing pretty open water and are just worried about working the lure, it shouldn't matter too much as you can always speed up or slow down. But heck, if you have the money a CU200E7 is an awesome reel!!

Thisfool
12-22-2010, 03:07 PM
put a bobber or a tag on your line and turn the handle of the reel one revolution and measure how far the bobber moved it might now be exact but it will give you a really good idea

roby
12-22-2010, 08:08 PM
But heck, if you have the money a CU200E7 is an awesome reel!!

I would love another reel....just too many right now.

put a bobber or a tag on your line and turn the handle of the reel one revolution and measure how far the bobber moved it might now be exact but it will give you a really good idea

Good idea...I will do this.

Thanks fellas...