PDA

View Full Version : The Lake Will Be open Thursday Dec. 23rd

vineline
12-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Good afternoon FNN:

The forecast for tomorrow is good, no rain expected. We will be open for shore fishing only. Absolutely no private boats, kayaks, floatubes, or rental boats will be allowed on the water.

We will have the South shore open for shore fishing.

Thank you,
Vineline

lightdrag
12-22-2010, 02:55 PM
UH...sorry...I'm a newby...What lake? Irvine?

Thisfool
12-22-2010, 03:09 PM
UH...sorry...I'm a newby...What lake? Irvine?

yup irvine

if your not sure just scroll up a bit and you will see just above the adds what room this post is in

the killa fish taco
12-22-2010, 06:36 PM
how does friday look? any float tubers allowed?

Surfer
12-22-2010, 06:42 PM
And how will all the past rains affect the bite?

Sierra_Smitty
12-22-2010, 10:24 PM
What is the reason for closing the lake to watercraft?

Fishthewhaler
12-23-2010, 03:03 AM
I am pretty sure they don't want watercraft because of debris, and the level is too high. The water is spilling over the dam, and there is a couple raging rivers pouring into the lake right now. I feel sorry for the people who have left their RV's there. A bunch of them were under water, conditions today looked dreadful.
FTW <@{{{{{{{{{>{

Sierra_Smitty
12-23-2010, 08:50 AM
I am pretty sure they don't want watercraft because of debris, and the level is too high. The water is spilling over the dam, and there is a couple raging rivers pouring into the lake right now. I feel sorry for the people who have left their RV's there. A bunch of them were under water, conditions today looked dreadful.
FTW <@{{{{{{{{{>{

None of those reasons make much sense as the dam and the creek inlet are always off limits.

Fishthewhaler
12-23-2010, 09:10 AM
None of those reasons make much sense as the dam and the creek inlet are always off limits.
Uhhhhhhhhh.OK u should call the office instead of tossing around reasons why it's closed to boats

goodguy
12-23-2010, 09:14 AM
I'd bet it's because of the huge amount of floating debris all over the lake there has to be large chunks of it all over the place...

Spaulding
12-23-2010, 09:31 AM
It IS because water is spilling over zee dam..I called earlier this morning to get some info.

Marley
12-23-2010, 10:42 AM
There's a lot of water going down Santiago Creek, looks like more than what's going over the spillway. Did they open the gates?
Closing the lake to watercraft is a clear response to safety concerns. A lot renters don't know how to behave in a boat under ideal conditions and everyone runs the risk of ramming into something that is submerged just enough that it can't be seen through the soup (actually looks more like Montezuma's Revenge than chocolate milk, but that's a different thread.) A float tuber is just asking for trouble launching into it. Add to that the suction of what's going over the spillway and it's all a recipe for bad news. Not so much the inlet, where it will be a lot safer once the runoff slows and clears.
Guess where all those trout will head once that happens? Could get a spawn out some of those fish if the creek flows long enough. Can't fish the creek below the dam any more, but maybe you could at the other end of the lake...

Sierra_Smitty
12-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Uhhhhhhhhh.OK u should call the office instead of tossing around reasons why it's closed to boats

Uhhhh...I didn't toss around any reasons guy - you did. I really don't care enough to call, was just curious if someone on here knew why because rushing rivers, floating debris, and water over a spillway is commonplace in many areas.

Sierra_Smitty
12-23-2010, 01:06 PM
It IS because water is spilling over zee dam..I called earlier this morning to get some info.

Interesting. Thanks. Unfortunate that there are enough boneheads out there to warrant a preventative closure.

VineAssist
12-23-2010, 03:41 PM
The only reason we closed the water was because of saftey concerns for our patrons. Their is still some debris in the water but we will reopen to boats for December 24th. The water going out of the lake over the spillway was our primary reason for closing the water. We wanted to make sure everything was taken care of before we reopned to boats. The past 72 hours out here where pretty insane to say the least.