PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes 12/21/2010 (THEY STOCKED IT)

tree
12-21-2010, 09:32 PM
They just stocked Quarry Lakes in Fremont today with ~500 Lbs of trout minus the 4 fish i caught today :D:D:D:D27602

I got there around 7AM and fished till 9AM when the stocking truck showed up and dumped a bunch of fish into Horseshoe lake. I ran over there as fast as I could and started throwing kastmasters down the shoreline.

Within 20 minutes I get my first fish, with about a fish every half hour after that. Got 4 nice sized trout, the largest being 3.3 lbs. The best part is that I was using my bassing gear! Baitcaster with 10lbs flouro and a 6'6" med heavy pole. My ultralight trout gear was broken :( The wind picked up later in the day, and I was happy that I had heavier gear to throw my kastmasters into the wind.

However, the fish were all nice sized and full of energy, so the bass gear was well utilized.
Nice looking Oregon rainbows with PINK flesh, awesome eating. These guys have full tails and fight incredibly hard. They don't give up at ALL. They also roll in your fishing line, and then shake their head while all tangled up. Lost 2 fish and 2 kastmasters.

OH and the secret color was (you guessed it) rainbow trout pattern :D