PDA

View Full Version : Fishing 1/100 jigs

mytyt
12-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Any suggestion for a rod that can be used to fish the really light jigs 1/64 or lighter? Do I need yo use a bobber? Going to be float tubing 97.3 percent of the time with a little bit of stream fishing mixed in. Will be fishing 2lb. What do you think of using spectra leader.

Frequent Flyer
12-21-2010, 08:46 PM
i have the 1/80 jigs and fish 2 of them lik a dropshot xcept wer the weight wld b its another weight. i just use 2 lb test and a cherrywood and it works fine. dont relly no much bout the other stuff

MagicWorm
12-29-2010, 09:54 PM
y use such a small jig? i use 1/32 with a rattle bobber.....

u going for small trout?

always use 2lb test...

tight lines

joshua

fishmounter
12-30-2010, 04:22 PM
We fish that size jig at Lake Perris all the time. I use a 6 ft ultralight and 2 lb test while my buddies use 6 1/2 and 7 foot ULs. You can cast farther with a longer rod. We don't use any leader or bobber, but may add a cricket, waxworm or mealworm onto the jig's hook.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
12-30-2010, 05:03 PM
if your going that lite get a 5 wt fly rod..,use an indicator. it will roll ,and back cast better, than any spinning . dont be afraid of the fly fishing darkside.....

PUDD MASTER BAITER
01-02-2011, 07:50 AM
went to bps to pick up a 5wt reel that was on sale, and picked up the white 1/32 pkg. yesterday 10 for $3.50 .guy in the fly shop ,says he catches every thing,on his fly rod using that size,i tested them on my 5wt when i got home . cast great using a 6 to 8ft indicator.im hoping to catch a big crappie,bass or trout at the pudd tommorow.2 weeks ago a few regulars, i know caught crappies in 2lb to 3lb range.before the rain screwed up the lake.

mytyt
01-02-2011, 01:50 PM
What indicator are you using? !/32 seems a little large so 1/64 or smaller should cast fine. awhat about leader?

PUDD MASTER BAITER
01-02-2011, 03:35 PM
when i got my new5 wt fly reel ,i asked about the lite acion crappie jigs 10 for 3.50, in the the fly shop at bps. the tall guy told me, not to buy the 1/100, but the 1/32 .he said they sink faster.,and would feel lite as far as casting comportable, with a fly rod application.no matter how good you think you are .always keep an open mind no matter how good you think you are!!!!!!!

jiggaman
01-03-2011, 01:42 AM
when i got my new5 wt fly reel ,i asked about the lite acion crappie jigs 10 for 3.50, in the the fly shop at bps. the tall guy told me, not to buy the 1/100, but the 1/32 .he said they sink faster.,and would feel lite as far as casting comportable, with a fly rod application.no matter how good you think you are .always keep an open mind no matter how good you think you are!!!!!!!

i never said i was good or great all i said was i caught my biggest trout on a micro and that i think they are better...for so cal the slower the sink the better...more finease and in the zone longer...but since a bps guy said that its not true that MUST be right...all i did was state an opinion

PUDD MASTER BAITER
01-03-2011, 05:15 PM
jiggaman there was no disrespect intended to anything you stated. with my floating line, i need to get down a little quicker when fishing the deeper drop offs.by the way,. im going back to get the 1/100 size.i agree about a little slower sink rate. when i fish the shallow flats at the pudd.