PDA

View Full Version : Bassin in the RAIN 12/18

MAVERICK27
12-20-2010, 12:16 PM
First of all, congrats to the winners of the Trout tourney on Saturday and Sunday. There were some nice fish caught and it was cool seeing the family. The Irvine Staff did a great job and was a smooth event! TaperSteve, Nobody ever confirmed what the deal was with your party, so sorry if I missed it. At least I got to say Happy Birthday to you at the dock.

Rooster, great seein you and the old man too lol. Sorry we didn't hang out, I was on a mission. Not to mention I was hung over from a crazy night with my boss Friday. I'm out of practice and that guy is a rock star LOL

Well, I had so much fun fishing for bass, that I never really played with the trout. Today was the day to get more practice with the jig and others that I havent been throwing lately. It was a fairly slow day, but I worked hard and covered a ton of water.

Missed several bites on dark jigs. I fished for an hour without scent with two more missed bites. Then I decided to see if scent would change that. It seemed like as soon as I dipped my jig in the new Bass Bite-On...then slammed on in 10' of water over by the cliffs. He ate that thing for sure! So far, testing of that bass product has shown a HUGE advantage over no scent. Also tried another scent later and didn't get any action by comparison. Further testing to come. I just thought I would give an on the lake perspective for you. Nice highlight was Vinepatrol rolling up on the newly resurected bass patrol boat right as I pulled a jig fish out of the water. Always a pleasure, Bud!

After cruising around the flats and cliffs, I managed two more small bass on a small white crank in 15' of water and 3 more small units on small white plastics in 2' of water. The only bait activity I saw was in the flats at the tree section, but the water was so shallow that I ran my trolling motor aground several times chasing the 3 I did catch. I can't wait for the better weather, that should make for some better consistancy.

Have a very Happy Holidays and I hope Santa brings you ALL a great fishing season!!!

Only pics of the 1 fish. It was raining during the others. All I had was my iphone. Enjoy.

Fishy Says, Yummy!!!

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/JigFish3.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/JigFish2.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/Jigfish.jpg

Thisfool
12-20-2010, 12:28 PM
damn mav your a beast keep it up bud and we will all be watching you on the vs channel taking home the angler of the year trophy.

MAVERICK27
12-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Haha thanks Trav! Someday, that would be nice! I have alot to learn still and working on my weaknesses daily. I'm definitely in it for the passion and the time on the water. I can't wait for the warner weather for those WFO days again :)

Rooster
12-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Good 2 cya out there Mav, Your learning while most are watching TV.. Props bro

MAVERICK27
12-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks Rob! One of these days, the hard work will all pay off soon! Can't wait for the warmer weather to get you out to switch to the dark side :)

Ifishtoolittle
12-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Nice work on the feesh.

MAVERICK27
12-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Thanks Ifishtoolittle :)

ghetto dad
12-20-2010, 04:57 PM
great job beautiful!! lol

nice report brother

MAVERICK27
12-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks man! I appreciate it!

TaperSteve
12-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Good seeing ya out there again! Way to get on the Vine bass' as always! Have a Merry X-Mas!

TS

MAVERICK27
12-21-2010, 09:18 AM
Gracias, Steve! If I don't see you Friday at the Vine, have a great Christmas and enjoy it with the family!

h00kup33
12-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Mav way to go...by chance what particular attractant are you using? can u buy it at the longfin? once the holiday season passes the fishing at the vine is on...i will let you know the next time im out with my buddy. maybe we can all meet and greet on a particular day and hammer down the bass. glad the jig/crank bite continues to get many of us vine addicts on the edge of our seats. great report MAV---happy holidays brother

MAVERICK27
12-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Thank you h00kup33. I have been using the new Bite-On Bass attractant from Angler Bros. I have tested it with jigs and cranks. My testing shows a dramatic increase in strikes over another scent or no scent at all. You can click on the link here on FNN because they are a proud sponsor. Let them know that I gave you a heads up :) I would enjoy meetnig you and your buddies, so get a plan together and i'm all in!! Have an awesome Holiday and get your gear ready for the after-holiday bass assault :)