PDA

View Full Version : Bako duct - rain or shine

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Hit the duct for 2 hrs during the wee hours of the morning b4 my Buena Vista trout escapade…

3 short strikes

1 catfish..

All on a lipless crank

Slow action…very slow

Water is getting murky from all the runoff

Rain coming down pretty much 24-7

Barrometer is affecting everything

I have been out a few times this week and it has progressively been getting slower and harder each time out…

DAMN WEATHER !

Hit my BV trout/crappie action then went back for 1 hour for 1 more shot..

SLOW

REAL slow..

1 short strike…

Then 1 more spot then I planned on heading home as I was to meetup with Hiro for a return trip back to the duct (rain n all !)

Ended up Landing 2 Stripey’s on LC at my last stop…

Bout’ 7 & 8 lbs respectively..

Headed home got a couple quick hrs sleep then headed back out with Hiro for an all nighter..

I TOLD HIM IT WAS GOING TO BE HARD !

started bout midnight...

To sum up….we went WAY north….and worked back....most spots were Unaccessable due to sloppy mud the few spots we were able to hit were slow…

After many miles we ended up hooking up 5 times and about 5 short strikes but we didn’t manage to land any of them…

WE FISHED HARD but came home skunked

Water conditions continue to get worse !!!!

It was nice to know that we contacted some fish in probably the worst conditions present next to the moss earlier in the year.

Headed home vowing to seek revenge soon !

Till next time,
Gary

Double A
12-20-2010, 12:15 PM
OK... Seriously Seek

THERAPY !!!!

just kidding, im in awe of your dedication.

wtg on the two solo feesh

too bad for you n hiro

gts coming home after all nighter with a stripe must = tough conditions

i again applaud your dedication :Singing In Rain:

cutbait
12-20-2010, 04:37 PM
To the few that don't know. December is HAWG month at the duct. 5 Bako 35 lbers were caught in Bako last year. One right next to Gawry.

Feel the steel knows time on the water is the only thing thats gonna make it happen!. Gotta give ya props. One day your number will come up and all this dedication will land you that HAWG your deserve

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-20-2010, 05:00 PM
To the few that don't know. December is HAWG month at the duct. 5 Bako 35 lbers were caught in Bako last year. One right next to Gawry.

Feel the steel knows time on the water is the only thing thats gonna make it happen!. Gotta give ya props. One day your number will come up and all this dedication will land you that HAWG your deserve

Awww...man...that makes me all warm and fuzzy : )

Time to GET BACK OUT THERE !

Maybe TONIGHT !

Thanks brutha' : )

trail blazer
12-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Better beleave thats a fact,,,,,,,,,,GAWY,,,,with all the time on the water your # has to come up soon with a HUGE DD LINESIDE!.

KUDOS to you 100%,,,,,,,,You da MANN

TRAIL BLAZER

HaiTheMeister
12-21-2010, 10:17 AM
back to back Bako trips! Glad you were able to land a few fish on the first day.
salute!