PDA

View Full Version : Glen Helen EPIC Catch!

Vies
12-19-2010, 10:12 PM
So my Cousin Ian and I decided to go on a Rainy Day fishing trip out to my Backyard Glen Helen for a lil bit of relaxation in the rain... There was a whole lot of bites but it seemed that we were both having issues trying to hook these trout. Anyway, Ian was getting bit all day and ended up catching 2 trout.. while i kept on losing em until...
BAMM!!!i hooked on.....bzzzzzzzzzzzz...by the feel of this fish i knew i was in for a ride..and so i was. As i was reeling this monster in getting him tired, the battle seemed like it was never gonna end... REEL 5 Cranks..BZZZZZZZZ... REEL 3 Cranks...BZZZZZZ.... He was NOT giving in no matter what i did... The image of my line moving throughout the lake was insane! My biggest issue was that i could not get him close. My line was a whopping 4 lb test and those of you know.. that when you feel a big one... its more than you expect the size to be.
Anyway, crossing my fellow fisherman lines, i walked and struggled to land this baby and finally got him close after 30 minutes... this was a battle back in forth, back in forth.. but I finally got him to land! it was a 30" Carp!

As i brought him to land, i was debating whether i should keep em and stash him in my fish pond....that was an absolute NEGATIVE! well, a fellow fisherman ended up helping me put him back in the water to fight another day!
;D

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae342/vies/Carp1.jpg

Hope you Enjoyed the post!... and remember Snag ON!!! lol

-I really meant fish on!

Vies

vortec_cruiser
12-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Nice catch! It's great that you returned him to fight another day.

ryanr0cks
12-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Nice post cuz!! Haha musta been an awesome fight on light line

stepchild
12-20-2010, 03:54 AM
yeah i bet that was a nice battle.carp on the 4lb test.wtg.

Sublime-Steve
12-20-2010, 06:38 AM
in some spots of the world you would be considered lucky.. nice fish glad u threw it back lol

B@$$[P][M][P]
12-20-2010, 10:05 AM
SIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!! Same thing happned to me once at Peck Park, Using a Rattle TRap snagged it on the tail I thought it was a branch or something and it was a carp the same size!! seems they chill near the surface or close to it when it raint,, not sure why.. nice fish tho..