PDA

View Full Version : X-mas came early (late report Fri 12/17)

HaiTheMeister
12-19-2010, 10:36 AM
All work and no time to play not even time to get on FNN to see what's going on with the fishing world. It's been raining all week but i had some free time so called up Khanh on Friday to hit the duct.
Picked up Khanh. "It's your night to get a DD" said Khanh
then he proceeded showing me a text msg from Yolo "...would you let Hai catch his DD already". LOL @ Yolo.
Off we went..got my blessing from KPN the man and "Duct Yoda". feeling good as we hit the first 3 spots...nothing. eww, that's not good but I still kept my hope high.
Then @ the 4th spot, first cast...."Hook up" for Khanh. Yeah, at least i know they're willing to play. Unfortunately, it came off after about 10 seconds. Bummer for Khanh.
I started walking around trying on different section then......BAM...hook up. oh sweet but not very much resistance from the fish. As it was coming to shore but not surfaced then he took off, ripping drag and went down the current. After a lengthy battle..in the net (thanks Khanh). Yes!!!!!!!!!!! it's a DD. It's probably the fish that Khanh missed :LOL: maybe subconsciously he let me have that fish.
11.5 lbs (my first DD ever)
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=27594
Off to the next spot...as we were making our way to the destination
"You know once you caught a DD your next DD will happen very easily" Khanh said
I replied "How so?"
Khanh "I don't know but it's just the way it is"
skeptically "OK" I replied
got to our next spot, first cast, Khanh "hook up" drag peeling..battle's on. after quite long battle, Khanh claimed victory. A healthy 8.5 lb fish.
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=27598
Wind was howling and it started raining..we decided to hit a few more spots.
at the next spot. This is where i had a pig that hit like a freight train and broke my 15 lb floro before. I'm not taking any chances for that to happen again so i brought one of my lighter salt water outfit. crazy i know but i am determined to get my revenge on.
after about 5 mins as I was retrieving the KPN slowly...Hook up...YES! felt the head shake and this felt like a PIG.
"It's a PIG" I said. It started crashing on the surface
Khanh "it's a nice one"
I muscled the fish to shore in no time with my salt water gear...hit the deck and i couldn't believe my eyes, it's bigger than the other one. Sweet!!! 2 DDs in 1 night...also another PB.
came in at a whooper 13.5 lbs on the digi-scale
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=27595
we concluded our trip @ 3:30 am
Thank you Khanh & Yolo for the encouragements! YES, I did it! :Surprised:
Here are some additional photos
11.5 lbs
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=27596
13.5 lbs
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=27599
Fruits of our labor
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=27597

Happy holidays!

yolo
12-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Nice Hai! The last time I had the feeling you were going to get your DD, you didn't make it out. This time it worked out. I told Khanh to let you get yours already cause I had a good feeling you would. There has been a lot of DD's roaming the AV. I knew you were due and it would happen. Way to make it happen x 2! The sky's the limit now.

HaiTheMeister
12-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Nice Hai! The last time I had the feeling you were going to get your DD, you didn't make it out. This time it worked out. I told Khanh to let you get yours already cause I had a good feeling you would. There has been a lot of DD's roaming the AV. I knew you were due and it would happen. Way to make it happen x 2! The sky's the limit now.

Thanks! I was excited just reading your PMs/Reports but just couldn't make it out.

troutdog
12-19-2010, 11:04 AM
What a great night, congrats on the piggys!

TD

Love to Fish
12-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Congrats on those great looking fish. Reading all these post about the aquaduct are making me want to try it. If I head out there, I'll let you know how bad the skunk was. LOL
Congrats again.
LTF

Double A
12-19-2010, 11:38 AM
great job out there

those are some good looking feesh

trail blazer
12-19-2010, 01:08 PM
OYAAAAAAA,,,,,,,,,,,Now its on!!!!!!

Mide as well just throw in the towel on all the other fresh water fishing,,,,,,,,,Nothing else compares!

CONGRATS to the both of you.

TRAIL BLAZER

koifish
12-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Nice job man. Wto...whose marlboro was there? Thought u quit...Haha

yolo
12-19-2010, 02:48 PM
That's the fish's smokes. Can't you see it's in the fish's smokes pocket. It's just wearing an invisible shirt.

TroutOnly
12-19-2010, 05:10 PM
GREAT JOB ON THE KILLS BOYS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,

cutbait
12-19-2010, 06:30 PM
WAY TO GO HAI!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see Khanh again. {though that fish has GOT to be bigger than 8.5} :LOL:

You guys deserve it.. KPN slays again

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Nice job on the feesh guys.......

Huge congrats on the PB and your 1st Double D !

Yeee-haw....

Congrats on all 3 catches..

way ta go on getting out there and making it happen

Saweeet !

M@M
12-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Those are some NICE fish!! Two DD's in one Night..MERRY XMAS!!!
Nice report and pics.

fishinone
12-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Congrats Hai,

Nice job on the 2 DD's n PBs.

I got to get out there. They're biting.

You guys got easily enough fish to pat for the gas to get out there.

Spaulding
12-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Nice fish and congrats.

HaiTheMeister
12-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Thank you all! that's what I wanted for X-mas... some doubled DDs :LOL:

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Thank you all! that's what I wanted for X-mas... some doubled DDs :LOL:
U could also get a second helping of DD's at a strip club....

Go..Hai...Go Hai...!

It's Ur Birthday...It's Ur Birthday !

I know now why ur asking for a roll of dollar bills for xmas !

FarmerJohn
12-24-2010, 03:38 AM
Alright Hai WTG,:EyePop::UDaMan::Singing In Rain:
Two in one night that's awsome dude. What Khanh said about your second DD coming pretty quick after the first one. That's how it happened for me but it wasn't the same night it was 5 days later and I haven't got one sence. I'm not getting out there as much now that I'm back to work. But works going to be dead between Xmas and New Years so you and Khanh call me next time your going out so I can join you.
Two in one night, that's killer!!!!!! Now I'm Jonesin to go!
FarmerJohn, The Pig Farmer:Farmer:

HaiTheMeister
12-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Alright Hai WTG,:EyePop::UDaMan::Singing In Rain:
Two in one night that's awsome dude. What Khanh said about your second DD coming pretty quick after the first one. That's how it happened for me but it wasn't the same night it was 5 days later and I haven't got one sence. I'm not getting out there as much now that I'm back to work. But works going to be dead between Xmas and New Years so you and Khanh call me next time your going out so I can join you.
Two in one night, that's killer!!!!!! Now I'm Jonesin to go!
FarmerJohn, The Pig Farmer:Farmer:

Now i gotta try to catch up to the size of your PIG! :-)

FarmerJohn
12-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Now i gotta try to catch up to the size of your PIG! :-)

Hai ,
Don't sell yourself short. Now I fell I gotta try to catch up too your 2 pigs a one night.
So it gives us both another goal to look forward too.:Farmer::Beer Toast::Fishing Hole:

huukup12
12-31-2010, 12:11 AM
Congrat Hai on your 2 DD's....we all need to catch up with Master Khanh & Master Yolo....I like your goal FarmerJohn...
Happy New Year guys...

HaiTheMeister
01-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Hai ,
Don't sell yourself short. Now I fell I gotta try to catch up too your 2 pigs a one night.
So it gives us both another goal to look forward too.:Farmer::Beer Toast::Fishing Hole:

Good deal! I'll take that as a compliment! :LOL:

Congrat Hai on your 2 DD's....we all need to catch up with Master Khanh & Master Yolo....I like your goal FarmerJohn...
Happy New Year guys...

Thanks James! You have no idea how much I wanted the DD and how long did it take for me to catch one.
"patience is a virtue"