PDA

View Full Version : Day One of the Xmas Derby with big results

VineAssist
12-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Today was day one of the Xmas Holiday Derby and what a derby it was! A huge low front dumped some rain on the 150+ anglers plying the waters of the vine for a chance of fortune and fame (a birth into the masters toruny!) The weather was perfect for the big fish and we have been stocking a lot of big fish and guess what THEY BIT!!! It was appeareant from early on you would need a quality fish just to be in the top 10 as numerous 3-4lbers made their way to the scales, nearly everybody I talked to had a fish close to the 3lb category on their stringer. However, it would take a fish of 5lbs to make the cut.
Topping the field today was Tim Blackshire with this 12.06 lb Rainbow Trout that bit a mini jig doused in Bite on Garlic Sauce. Tim was fishing mid way in woodys cove from his float tube when the big bow bit.
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/Irvine_Lake/TimBlackshire.jpg
Tim McAroy of Bellflower proves he just isnt a summer cat guy by finishing 2nd in the xmas tournament. Tim trolled a J07 Rainbow Trout Rapala in boat dock cove to make his catch.
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/Irvine_Lake/P1030469.jpg
Fourth place finisher Angelina Daquilla made the drive up from Carlsbad and was rewarded with this 8.06 Rainbow Trout good enough for 4th place today.
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/Irvine_Lake/AngelinaDaquila.jpg
Meet the top 10!
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/Irvine_Lake/P1030468.jpg
1. Tim Blackshire - 12.06 lb 10:40am
2. Tim McAroy - 10.12 10:00 a.m.
3. Brian Carter 10 lb. 10:02 a.m.
4. Angelina Daquila 8.06 10:08 a.m.
5. Francisco Garcia 8.0 10:01 a.m.
6. Mike Daquila 7.04 11:01 a.m.
7. Kevin Jaimison 6.08 lbs 11:50 a.m.
8. Lance Cleary 5.02 lbs 12:59 pm
9. Kenui Ague 5.0 lbs 1:16 p.m.
10. Eric Luna 4.12 lbs 4.12 lbs 12:35 p.m.

With more low pressure coming through and more of the wet stuff forecasted these fish should go bownkers! Dont miss out on your chance at a trophy fish! Come out to the Vine and experience the quality fishing we have going on right now. No MLPA Clousures here guys we want you to catch fish.

the killa fish taco
12-18-2010, 04:39 PM
good job everyone today!!!!

Prowler_Tuber
12-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Damn I wish I could have been there my flight out of Atlanta last night was canceled but Ill be there tomorrow hopefully there are some fish left.

Marley
12-18-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm thankful that the rain was a warm rain...I was so wet when I got off the boat. Fun stuff, to be sure.
Congrats to the winners today!

troutdog
12-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Nice job out there, congrats to the top 10!

TD

Marley
12-19-2010, 09:28 AM
I should add that my biggest fish, a hard-fighting (and acrobatic) 3-pounder would have placed me inside the top five in most of last year's derbies. It didn't even get me close this time. Such nice-quality fish at Irvine Lake this season!

Josh
12-19-2010, 10:04 AM
I had an awesome time. It was great to meet so man guys from FNN/Team 57. Look forward to fishing the vine again. Caught my personal best yesterday with a 3.5 pounder.

paintsn
12-19-2010, 11:09 AM
you are truly correct Josh.. despite the rain, and mud.. it actually added a bit of jazz to the whole.. I loved it, even if i didnt come close to being top 10..Glad to see all the smiley faces out there.. it did kept the whole lake warm with all the coldness..

pretty hard to add the pb with all that water.. how did you guys do it? ones who uses PB

congratz on the winners, will only pushes me more to do better next time... so next time it is!!

XMrxSEAUx
12-20-2010, 10:55 AM
you are truly correct Josh.. despite the rain, and mud.. it actually added a bit of jazz to the whole.. I loved it, even if i didnt come close to being top 10..Glad to see all the smiley faces out there.. it did kept the whole lake warm with all the coldness..

pretty hard to add the pb with all that water.. how did you guys do it? ones who uses PB

congratz on the winners, will only pushes me more to do better next time... so next time it is!!

Will see you out there on Martin luther King day Sir Vanz

Josh
12-20-2010, 10:58 AM

Caught mine on the troll in mid lake with a CD3 fire tiger. The one I lost was on another lure with brook trout pattern (not sure which exactly since I was using Thisfool's lures).