PDA

View Full Version : Ford Park Bass Still Active

GhettoBasster
12-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Went to Ford Park for the first time in about two months. I usually do well with Senkos there but ever since the weather's been getting colder I've been getting skunked there. This time I used a shad swimbait with a wiggly tail and slowly crawled it along the bottom of the lower pond. After about the 15th cast, I had a 14in LMB on the other end on the line. For winter bass, I guess the advice of working things slower than my cheap dad takes his wallet out when he pretends he's going to pay for dinner really works. Anyways, it was great to beat a string of skunks at the park.

Ifishtoolittle
12-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Nice work on the bass.

bman90278
12-18-2010, 07:04 AM
Congrats on your skunk beater...Always nice to catch a bass at city lake that's been tough on you.

Also, remember to check your water temps there if you can. Sometimes the water temps and weather conditions will be the same as the pre-spawn conditions which is a good time to fish.

brian

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
12-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Ford Park can be on, when it's on. However, when it's dead it's dead. I've had good days and real bad days. Just make sure we C&R in the small "farm ponds" when we can.

GhettoBasster
12-18-2010, 08:31 AM
Yes. Please catch and release at all city park lakes. I've seen an entire family of five fish there without the intention of C&R. I could tell by the giant creel they tossed in the water. Luckily the action was dead that day. I didn't bother lecturing them since I could tell by their demeanors that they "was gonna kill somethin' and eat it". Another fisherman also told me that some moron had caught one of the large koi in the lower pond and took it home for his pond. That made me sick. Had I been there that day, I would have made sure that fish ended up back in the lake somehow or another.
Ford Park can be on, when it's on. However, when it's dead it's dead. I've had good days and real bad days. Just make sure we C&R in the small "farm ponds" when we can.

Sh1mano
12-18-2010, 09:13 AM
slower than my cheap dad takes his wallet out when he pretends he's going to pay for dinner

LMAO!!!

It's great that you were able to hook during these colder months. I've been out a few times for bass but nada.

brycek1984
12-18-2010, 07:16 PM
I 've been catching fish at places that weren't producing a month ago. Go figure.
I hope that you 're just joking about your dad being so cheap. It 's very funny, but only if it happens to someone else.

GhettoBasster
12-18-2010, 11:13 PM
I hope that you 're just joking about your dad being so cheap. It 's very funny, but only if it happens to someone else.

Dad is really that cheap. It's a running family joke and funniest when my mom calls him on it.

TopwaterBassin
12-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Haven't been there in a while, but may head out there soon to give it a try again.