View Full Version : Great Local Rockfishing 12 / 15 w/pics

JapanRon
12-16-2010, 06:54 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/1215ezineRpt10P1.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/1215ezineRpt10P2.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/1215ezineRpt10P3.jpg

k3vin_kim
12-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Nice report kichi. Man - i really respect you for having such patience fishing the plastic only. I wouldn't be able to stand it for 5 minutes if the guy to my left and to my right were getting hits. More power to ya.

Did you happen to get a picture of the 30 pound ding a ling? Is it the one with the guy in the blue jacket is carrying??

-KK

BrandonFish
12-16-2010, 09:06 PM
ricks reaction to winning woulda been great congrats to rick for winning his first jp was there 5 gallons of water down his mouth like the ling he caught that 1 trip? :LOL: nice bunches of fish on the fresh dead looks like a nice trip for winter.

murrieta angler
12-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Nice report Ron,
I can't believe the DFG is checking to make sure that you are okay?! They are so thoughtful...hehe
Take Care,
Robert
<><

JapanRon
12-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Hi k3vin_kim,

The older one gets, the more patience one seems to aquire. I just can't believe NO well ..... only one reaction strike the whole day. Problem with reaction strikes ..... depending on the species .... they can be but only a quick hit or bump where they never really take the bait. Two trips ... two times I swear they were lightly hooked right on the hard edge of the lip and shook the hook easily.

Yes, that was the big one the little 12 year old girl caught. Two more in the 18 ~25lb range too.

JapanRon

JapanRon
12-18-2010, 11:15 PM
Hi Brandonfish,

Yeah, just about everyone caught a few nice fish on the stinkin' meat !! ;)

JapanRon

JapanRon
12-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Hi murrieta angler,

Ha ha ha Yeah .... I think I put the fear of god in the DFG person I talked to on the phone ..... my license arrived in the mail ... 3 no..... 2 1/2 days later !!! That's fast. When I got my license ..... well, that's a story for an aside in my next report ........ if the rain ever stops !!

JapanRon

DockRat
12-19-2010, 06:14 AM
Hey Ron, On my Zodiac a few years back I would hang a red and green glowsticks tie wrapped to the rope around the side if it. That's Ghetto DR Style.
DR

JapanRon
12-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Hi DockRat,

Now that's usin' the ol' noodle ......it works !! Actually, 270 degree arc of forward-viewable light is what's the regs say !! Whatever works !! I thought of using one of those LED lights you clip on the bill of ones hat as a running light but it ain't 360 !! ha ha ha

I did a project a couple of years ago using LED's as a light source and learned a lot about their ratings / lumes output in relation to what is required by the folks making the standards for our CF registered boats. Where am I going with this ? A warning to other inquiring minds .......... just more pretty much useless info, nowdays with all the products out there, I'll probably never have need to apply again.

Feeling depressed yet ? I sure am with seeing the rain continuing thru NEXT WEDNESDAY !! Guess there'll be little decent water out there till next year ? Although, I'll go out anyways !!

We need reports DockRat ....... Got one ya didn't post yet !?

JapanRon

BrandonFish
12-19-2010, 09:43 PM
lets go ninja some spots right now!!!