PDA

View Full Version : LNL morning session 12/15/2010

CASTAWAY
12-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Heard they stocked the lake on Tuesday so what better than to go the next day. Started out the day with TM65 picking me up at 6:15am. Got to the lake around seven. TM65 paid the gate fee of 3 dollars and we head up to the tackle shop to get our fishing passes. $20. Some of the guys were there already. We set up on the shore and once my bait(half n/c) went in the water not even a minute goes by I get slammed hard. I was not too far from the rod but still, couldn’t make it in time to grab the rod to let the drag run freely so my line(3 lb test) snapped. That was one that got away. The next one came in some time later. Fought pretty good. Than another. That’s two on night crawlers. At this time TM65 still is not on the board. The bite started slowing down for us. Then TM65 decides to move over to the right of me. The bite was slowing at first for him. Farming a few. Missing bites on n/c. Until he decides to switch baits. Now he’s using power bait. A short time later, after he got his line in the water with pb he gets slammed-bam!!!! Fish on for TM65. In the mean time I’m still at two fish and waiting for a bite. He re-baits and tosses out more pb, waited, minutes later bam again!!! Now he’s on board with two. Bites slows down again. About twenty minutes later TM65 tells me I think we have to change up. So I switched to pb with trout worm and TM65 switched over to salmon egg with secret plastic stuff. I don’t know what to call it but as soon as he puts it in the water it didn’t take long before he gets hit. Of course he miss a few first before he hooks up on a fish. Bam!!! Fish number four! So he take a break before he finish off his limit of the day. Meanwhile I’m waiting to get my third trout. Waiting, waiting, waiting, then suddenly, BAM!!!! Fish on baby!!!! A nice one this time. Well they’re all nice. Fought like champs. I’m at three fish now. Two more I will have to call it quits. At this time I switch over to a salmon egg/trout worm combo. Salmon egg color white and trout worm color green. I toss that in and held on to my rod. Less than two minutes I get hit. Yeah my fourth on power-mouse. Seem like we had to switch ever hour. Well I brought the fish in and had to snap the line off as with most of the fish caught. They seem to like to swallow the bait. Now TM65 says it’s time for him to get his last fish. I guess the time was like 10am. Yes it wasn’t hard for him to catch his fifth one. So he easily finish his fishing with a nice size trout. Brought that sucker and now he’s waiting for me to catch my limit. Okay so I toss in my power mouse. Less than a minute I get hit. Fish on!!! Brought it in. As soon as I got my fifth fish in some old man came behind me and said something I don’t remember. However I do remember asking him if he wanted the fish though. He reached into his jacket pocket and produce a plastic grocery bag. I gave him the fish and he gave me a grind from ear to ear. That means I still had one more fish to catch before my limit is out. So I thought. The staff came over and asked me you have your limit right. I said yes but I gave it to him(pointing at the old gentleman). I have one more to go right? He says okay. I’m sure he won’t get in trouble for that. So I toss my power mouse in again. Within minutes I hook up. Fish on. Brought that in and counted my blessings. One, two, three, four, five. Yay….. Time for us to pack up. But before we do some guy(sorry I forgot you name) asked TM65 how he was doing his set up. So TM65 showed him how to do it… here, check out TM65 training session via youtube…lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM9eEsgB5wI
Here are some more pics one of TM65's fish:
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n538/castaway2/001.jpg
See how he brings in his fish?lol
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n538/castaway2/003.jpg
He's doing something here..
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n538/castaway2/004.jpg
Seng coming over to check out the action...lol
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n538/castaway2/002.jpg
Here's the fishies..... thanks for reading......
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n538/castaway2/007.jpg
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n538/castaway2/008.jpg

troutfishr
12-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Wow! good to hear that you did good.
we had went out there yesterday when they stocked it and it was slow around the whole lake. ended up with one and missed a few

how far out were u guys fishing?

bassin!
12-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Good job out there. Plan on getting out there friday and hoping to get a hook jaw. Good job again.

Eat Sleep Fish
12-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Good job out there fellas! I was out there yesterday. Ended up with a 5-fish limit, 16 pounds total weight. 3 of them were those freshly planted Hook Jaws. Smallest one I got was 2.2 lbs. with the biggest one going 4.2 lbs.

Hitts0n
12-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Slay fest s0n !! Nice!

JimmisLine
12-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Very nice report, Gents. Thanks.

CASTAWAY
12-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Wow! good to hear that you did good.

we had went out there yesterday when they stocked it and it was slow around the whole lake. ended up with one and missed a few
how far out were u guys fishing?
Anything past five yards should be good. I’m surprise you only caught one. Everyone fishing around us that day was on the fish.

Good job out there. Plan on getting out there friday and hoping to get a hook jaw. Good job again.
Yeah I was hoping for a hook jaw but my luck was not there that day but my limit of trout made up for that though..lol

Good job out there fellas! I was out there yesterday. Ended up with a 5-fish limit, 16 pounds total weight. 3 of them were those freshly planted Hook Jaws. Smallest one I got was 2.2 lbs. with the biggest one going 4.2 lbs.
Good job getting on the hook jaws. Yeah most of those fish are at least two pounds and up.

Slay fest s0n !! Nice!
Yeah it was a nice fishing trip Hitts. We gotta hit the lake soon. Like this Friday at SARL let’s go…lol

Very nice report, Gents. Thanks.
Thanks for reading JimmisLine:Cool:

Troutman65
12-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Hey Casty , it was a nice morning of fishing . Got to love getting your limit that fast . Were were at the right place at the right time . LNL is looking good this year . Rick and his partner have done a nice job at the lake from what I saw . Rick, nice talking to you . It had been some time . Thanks for bringing back this fishery for us to fish . Keep up the good work at the lake !!

Casty, we need to go fishing again .:LOL:

E.A.R.G.
12-16-2010, 12:44 PM
what?! You caught fish on something other than lip ripperz and firebait?

haha jes messing.
congrats on the outing and thanks for the report.

striperstud
12-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Thats clip is nothing but an advertisement for Bang and RFF.... Nice job trying to pull guys if this site to that lame *** site...

CASTAWAY
12-17-2010, 12:10 AM
what?! You caught fish on something other than lip ripperz and firebait?

haha jes messing.
congrats on the outing and thanks for the report.
LOL... I wasn't using lip ripperz that day.... Thanks it was nice to catch some being that it was my second time there.....:Cool:

CASTAWAY
12-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Thats clip is nothing but an advertisement for Bang and RFF.... Nice job trying to pull guys if this site to that lame *** site...
Not trying to pull anyone to any site. Like I said in the video, showing RFF guys how to rig up for trout. Just being nice. Video is for guys that can't fish over there and might need a few tips. If you didn't understand the video perhaps I could help you. SARL tomorrow if it don't rain. If you catch your limit before me I'll reimburst your gate fee. If I catch my limit before you let me school you on trout fishing so you could catch your limit. With that said if you don't like RFF it sounds to me like a personal issue. Take care of it. If I couldn't post up what I posted up I'm sure it would have been pulled. Like all my other posts that I've done in the past. Trust me I got so many post pulled it's rediculous, more than the post you have on record. Now what happened to my pictures. Oh, darn photobucket. Need to take care of that so you could view the good times we had out there on the lake.:Cool: Don't you feel lucky that I wrote so much cause of your one sentence remark? LOL I'm also board.... Take care now....

striperstud
12-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Not trying to pull anyone to any site. Like I said in the video, showing RFF guys how to rig up for trout. Just being nice. Video is for guys that can't fish over there and might need a few tips. If you didn't understand the video perhaps I could help you. SARL tomorrow if it don't rain. If you catch your limit before me I'll reimburst your gate fee. If I catch my limit before you let me school you on trout fishing so you could catch your limit. With that said if you don't like RFF it sounds to me like a personal issue. Take care of it. If I couldn't post up what I posted up I'm sure it would have been pulled. Like all my other posts that I've done in the past. Trust me I got so many post pulled it's rediculous, more than the post you have on record. Now what happened to my pictures. Oh, darn photobucket. Need to take care of that so you could view the good times we had out there on the lake.:Cool: Don't you feel lucky that I wrote so much cause of your one sentence remark? LOL I'm also board.... Take care now....

Lol. i dont need your trout school of how to rig a powermouse and sit on shore. lol. VERY SKILLED STUFF THERE!!!!!! Sarl is a mudhole and i dont fish it do to snaggers...

Why post the video... Just curious... Doesnt show the viewers how to rig. Just some guy in a Real Fishing Failures shirt learning. while some guy is laughing. Seemed interesting but hey what do i know???

Have fun at sarl. Some big fish got put in. Hopefully your powermouse and BANG get you some......

rabbit77
12-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Is that rig a powermouse

rabbit77
12-17-2010, 04:55 PM
In the video

CASTAWAY
12-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Lol. i dont need your trout school of how to rig a powermouse and sit on shore. lol. VERY SKILLED STUFF THERE!!!!!! Sarl is a mudhole and i dont fish it do to snaggers...

Why post the video... Just curious... Doesnt show the viewers how to rig. Just some guy in a Real Fishing Failures shirt learning. while some guy is laughing. Seemed interesting but hey what do i know???

Have fun at sarl. Some big fish got put in. Hopefully your powermouse and BANG get you some......
I'm going to make another video soon when I get the chance. Hopefully a better one. I go to SARL because of the big fish they put in there. That's it. Freaking mud hole make a lot of money. I wish it was my mud hole. My favorite lake is Lake Skinner. I'll try to make a video over there too and I don't care who likes it or not. I'm going to always put on the video what I feel like. It's my video. I'm not advertising either as I do not get paid for it. And the only reason I'm responding to you is because I'm bored, that's it. Hope you watch my next video. I would like your opinion on it. Thank you. And happy fishing....

CASTAWAY
12-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Is that rig a powermouse
It's a single hook with power egg and some kind of plastic. I forget the name of it. But you could use power egg with power worm. Make sure to spray that bang on it too. Good luck.... That is only one way to slay trout. There are so many other ways.... Jig, spinners, crocodile, night crawlers, lip ripperz, power bait, all types of colors when using power bait. I caught five trout one time using a bluefox spoon at Lake Skinner. So it depends on the day, water temp, depth, wind, sun, cloudy, you get the picture... Good luck.

ghetto dad
12-19-2010, 11:03 PM
nice report castaway!!! great job brother

Frenchy
12-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Lmfao striperstud sounds like you got some issues w other site maybe banned there or dont like the people there even though most are on here also. Maybe other issues w mods etc but no need to BE A TROLL and thread jack castaway whom wrote up a great report he and tm65 killed it out there I was there the video simoly shows what was working for them.

Furtherr more looking at you threads you have been asking for trout help for some time now and now you get offened saying that there is ni skill in trout fishing if that is true why do you need all this help for fishing trout and castaway posts a lil tutorial for us,all to see and u just bash him NOT COOL