PDA

View Full Version : we have lost another great angler and friend

kaneo
12-15-2010, 08:16 AM
im sorry to report this, but val white owner of " action tackle " in mission hills passed away in his shop yesterday from a massive heart attack. val was a great man and good friend, always willing to help out. if any of you know val, you will understand how this is such a big loss for the fishing community...R.I.P. VAL you will be missed...

SDDave
12-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Wow, this big shock, I was in just a couple of weeks ago,Val was a anchor for many though the years in the fishing industry, one of the last places one could go hang out and talk fishing and dig though the shelves for just that right bait you were looking for, he's going to be missed.
Any word on services for him?
I'll spread the word to friends of his passing.
Dave

Jackpot Jimmy
12-15-2010, 10:24 AM
That's terrible, what a big shock. My dad and I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple years ago, a very nice man who was willing to help you with your tackle needs. I bought a bunch of Slug-Gos from him and he gave me a discount. He will most definitely be missed.

kaneo
12-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Wow, this big shock, I was in just a couple of weeks ago,Val was a anchor for many though the years in the fishing industry, one of the last places one could go hang out and talk fishing and dig though the shelves for just that right bait you were looking for, he's going to be missed.
Any word on services for him?
I'll spread the word to friends of his passing.
Dave i will post any info i get on his services, if i get them... ya val was a great guy and the had some of the best oldschool baits around.... plus just his warm personality and talking fishing was always fun... r.i.p. val..

HBAR
12-15-2010, 02:56 PM
My wife's boss was friends with him and had just dropped by to say hi to him 2 hours before his passing, she tells me this morning "Sal" looks like crap and then told me why.

kaneo
12-15-2010, 04:26 PM
looks like saturday will be the day for his funeral, not positive yet. i will update when i find out more.

Troutman65
12-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Very sad . Sorry to hear the news of his passing . Prayers for his family and loved ones

kaneo
12-15-2010, 05:14 PM
heres the funeral info :
A Memorial Service for our dear friend Val White will be held this Saturday, December 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM at:

St John Baptist De La Salle Church
16535 Chatsworth St. (at the corner of Chatsworth and Hayvenhurst)
Granada Hills, CA 91344-6705
(818) 368-1514

bones
12-15-2010, 08:30 PM
RIP Val.....

You inspired me as a young man to become a better bass fisherman. Recently we had many laughter filled conversations about how we love the salt too. My father knew you very well also and the fishing community has lost a great man.When I look back....most of the techniques,lures and overall knowledge I gained 30 years ago came either from you or someone in your shop.Just three weeks ago we laughed about how we both wear OG Jorts (Jean Shorts) still and I complemented you on how you were so youthfull for a 75 year old man and I asked you what your secret was......You replied...... "I'm an active 75 year old" and smiled.

I'll miss that smile.

wulfman
12-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Holy Crap! I used to go in there and just cruise around after work when i had nothing to do. I almost went there today. This is a sad day indeed!

Wingnut
12-15-2010, 09:30 PM
My condolences goes out to his friends and family. Val will be in my prayers tonight.