PDA

View Full Version : Making my first trip to the Vine this Thurs but probably won't be doing much trolling

Surfer
12-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Me and a buddy of mine are going to the Vine to do some bass/trout fishing. This will be our first trip there and we will be using my Bass Raider 10' two person pontoon boat with a 45lb thrust trolling motor. According to the guide on the trolling motor, at the lowest speed (barely moving) we can get 12 hrs of power and at the highest speed we get 2hours of juice. We plan on being there the whole day (open to closing) so we will have to be wary of our battery consumption so we won't be stuck paddling in the middle of the lake. We will probably just use the electric trolling motor to get from one area to another.

My question is, where are some good areas on the lake to park the boat and make some casts with spinners/kastmasters and maybe some bait dunking? Maybe it won't be wide open for us like it is for the trollers, but I'm sure being out on the water is better than being stuck on the bank. Also some suggestions on lures/bait will be great. We will be using 4lb test line. Please keep in mind we are both noobs to fishing for planted trout in a big reservoir.

Thisfool
12-14-2010, 09:39 PM
um on the back side of trout island, back in the flats near the lil stream, any where along the west shore boat dock cove and woodys cove are all good spots to try. also since your going on Thursday you can always just watch for were ever the stocking truck goes and chase the truck

JESSEJAMES
12-14-2010, 09:40 PM
The west shore coves or the flats always produce for me, you'l have a blast

hooks
12-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Check with the guys in the bait shop.
Check the other threads for what's hot now.
The fish are all over the lake now.
tight lines.....

Marley
12-14-2010, 10:23 PM
West shore and the flats.

TroutOnly
12-15-2010, 09:11 AM
drop a lure over the side while youre moving from one place to the other ,trolling slow is how youre suppose to troll for trout,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,