PDA

View Full Version : help with lowrance

Fusionwerks
12-14-2010, 07:26 PM
hey i posted this in another forum, but hoping someone from my "home" lake might help.
i just got my new (well new to me anyway) boat this past week and took it out for its maiden voyage sunday. for the life of me i could not figure out whats going on with my fishfinder. any help would be appriciated, so heres the facts....
Lowrance X510c
Transducer mounted on bottom of trolling motor
Ive read the manual from cover to cover
Ive tried every option combination i could but this is all it does, in the water and out, deep or shallow:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t149/fusionwerks/SDC12652.jpg

works beautiful in demo mode. i just dont even know where to start to begin diagnosing it. i dont know if its the unit, transducer, or my brain thats broken, but im going out again this sunday and would like to have it resolved. The rear unit (x19c) works awesome though. thanks for any feedback!

Fusionwerks
12-14-2010, 07:28 PM
BTW, i dont know the model of the transducer, but i believe it has a temp sensor and it does not register either, so the culprit is really looking like the transducer, but again, i dont know...

MonsterGuppy
12-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Looks like the transducer, had the same issue on my hds 7, there's a lowrance face book page where they will give you some good advise on what to do, post up your question/pic there to be sure.

Matt_Magnone
12-14-2010, 10:12 PM
in my opinion its all in the transducer.

i think with the X510 you're still running the HST-WSBL transducer. id check with the lowrance website. under legacy series you'll be able to find your unit. make sure that the transducer for the x510 matches your current transducer. if not; there might be your problem.

you might also see if your graph corresponds to the right transducer. on my HDS series you have options on your transducers. using the wrong option will send you down a path of broken rods and a headache. check to see if the X510 has to be calibrated to the transducer you run. if its off; fix it.

last but not least, its possible that your transducer is bad. when left on, it has been known that your transducer can burn up. find a back up somewhere and hook a donor to your graph and see if it reads. its possible the previous owner ran it aground or left his graph on for extended periods of time.

your settings have nothing to do with how your graph is reading currently. start with your transducer.