PDA

View Full Version : Short day in Phelan

M@M
12-14-2010, 04:21 PM
After driving on one of the worst dirt roads there is, to get to the first spot, found the water highest I've ever seen it and flowing fast.......Nothing for two of us after 30 min. so drove to 2nd spot, fished the open water till we got to our spot. Weren't there 5min. and gates completely closed ....fished for about another 30 min. and went ahead and moved to 3rd spot. Also closed....another 30min. wind started blowing. The plan to fish all day was over........Water was still very high....

yolo
12-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Mike, I stopped by this morning on my way to work and water flowing. Make my first cast and get a follower in open water, close to the edge but I ran out of real estate (water state more like it) to keep reeling in and let it hit. Hate it when that happens, lol. Cast back out a bunch of times and nothing and then it started to flow backwards. It was ripping going backwards. It means they shut down wide open gates and the water was equalizing in that pool. I left after just being there 15 minutes and once equalized, the water was dead still. Got a text from a buddy that showed the pool he was at overflowing. Water was above the top of the cement and touching the dirt. He had one on too after only a couple of casts but managed to farm it.

I think I know which spot you went to? When I went out that way one time on my way to Bass Pro I was thinking what a jacked up road and long. People actually lived here and there out there. I would hate to drive that road several times a day and I had my 4x4 truck with me that day too. I think my compact car would have fallen apart on that road?

M@M
12-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Z, at Sunny Vista and yes , driving my truck today....would be horrible having to drive that road every day...I almost don't want to go to that spot....it's a tough one to get to. But not many spots like it around here.

yolo
12-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Haha. Yeah that's it but I went in from all the way from Johnson across some nasty dirt roads.

M@M
12-14-2010, 06:38 PM
That would be a long ROUGH ride..........Next time take Caughlin off Palmdale Rd (it's dirt, but smooth) to Duncan ( dirt & real rough) crosses over duct to Sunny Vista............ There's a place the barb-wire fence is cut.(to bypass steep climb) I drove in today and right when we were about to leave, a guy in the white truck(water dept) told me I had to park outside the barb-wire. He was cool about it. Talked with him for a bit. We were leaving anyway.