PDA

View Full Version : More winter bass saturday 12/11

MAVERICK27
12-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Hey gang, this will be a short one. I was also only able to take a couple pics due to camera failure.

I just picked up a couple of custom colors from Paul at Pizz Customs and decided I would shallow crank in the morning. I know...there should't be many bass in the shallows in 57 degree water...WRONG :) First cast of the day and a decent 2 lb bass HAMMERED a Pizz Custom Blue Gill pattern crank bait! The camera started failing. I got a pic, but the background was dark and made it look like it was taken at night?? Second cast...nada...third cast...SLAM! a more solid fish absolutely SMOKED that bait! Check ou the pic...the fish took the entire bait sideways in his mouth with both trebles in! Great pic.

As it warmed up, I managed a few more fish on the crank, but had to cover a ton of water and throw hundreds of times. So, I switched to jigs in deeper water. I hooked a biggen on the jig, but watched him shake it off as he shook his big bucket mouth near the boat. Oh well, nice 5+ lb class. That's fishing. Headed to Woody's to end the day with some more crankin. I helped a float tuber net a very nice trout on super lite gear and took pics for him. Turns out he served overseas in the Marine Corps with some of my good friends. Small world huh? I won't post the pics out of respect, hes not on this site (yet) Very nice guy though.

After he left, I threw cranks in the cove while I was talking to Ricky (lake staff) on the shore. Ricky got to see my last fish of the day, a small 1.5 lb bass that ran all around the boat with my bait lol. The fight from the bass was not what I expected in the cold water. They ran like active summer fish. Anyway, Irvine bass are still out there people, go get ya some!! The trout guys seemed to be killin some very nice stringers too. See you on the water!

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/IMG_2433.jpg

TaperSteve
12-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Good job out there with your new Pizz Customs! Killing the bass as always.

TS

Thisfool
12-13-2010, 12:44 PM
dang mav you make it look and sound so easy.

MAVERICK27
12-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Thanks Steve!

Trav...I wish it were easy LOL. Allll day on the trolling motor and casting several hundred times to catch a few fish. It's all about hard work!!!

bakchow
12-13-2010, 04:27 PM
good job out there mav!! vine is a year round bass lake!!! :LOL:

BRING IT
12-13-2010, 07:57 PM
ya big ol stud:Thumbs Up:

Thisfool
12-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks Steve!

Trav...I wish it were easy LOL. Allll day on the trolling motor and casting several hundred times to catch a few fish. It's all about hard work!!!

lol yup i feel you man was at legg lake on Saturday casted countless times the 5 hours i was there and all i got was tired feet and a sore shoulder then went back and did it again on Sunday for nothing but more tired feet and an arm i thought was going to fall off.

MAVERICK27
12-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks Bakchow! it sure is!

Scott- Come to the dark side!! hahaha

Trav- I don't envy you, its alot harder from shore. You cant get to the tough places and depths and you can't cover alot of water. let me know when you decide to go Bassin, i'll take ya.

h00kup33
12-14-2010, 01:55 PM
way to go MAV keep posting them reports...after the holidays i'll be hittin the vine pretty hard before starting the spring semester in Feb 2011...medium depth cranks, way to get them to bite the reaction baits.

h00kup33
12-14-2010, 01:55 PM
good job out there mav!! vine is a year round bass lake!!! :LOL:

Dan its time to hit up the vine soon

MAVERICK27
12-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks H00kup! They are out there. You'd have better luck with jigs, swimbaits and carolinas i'm sure, but I was having fun testing cranks. Don't forget to let me know when you roll to the Vine

jcskim
12-14-2010, 02:17 PM
good job on the winter bass, u still rolling with the roughnecks these days?

CPT. Kirk
12-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Great job cranking up some winter bass.

MAVERICK27
12-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks guys!

I'll always be affiliated with my beloved Roughnecks. Ive just been so busy. I want to attend the next outting or two, PM me about it.

fish ful
12-15-2010, 09:05 AM
you are an animal! Winter bass? Come summer time you will be unstoppable. Getting all this practice in now when all of us are waiting for the warm weather.

Good job. We need to hook up again and do some fishing. I would be at the vine sat. but the rain scares me...lol

MAVERICK27
12-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Thanks preston. This is definitely harder fishing and good for polishing some finesse game for tourneys too. Come Summer time, we'll whack em!!

Let me know when. We have a good time fishing. You doing National Bass West again?

Thisfool
12-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Trav- I don't envy you, its alot harder from shore. You cant get to the tough places and depths and you can't cover alot of water. let me know when you decide to go Bassin, i'll take ya.

o wow man that is really cool of you i will definitely hit you up soon to take you up on that.

fish ful
12-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Hay Mav, Not sure if i will be fishing the NBW this year but i'll let you know. I have only been to lagauna niguel lately for trout. Hit Irvine just after the opener and that's it. My bass stuff has been collecting dust.

It's great fishing with you and looking forward to doing it again.

MAVERICK27
12-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Well, Preston. That is just UNSAT! Get your bass gear out and come back to the dark side. If I get the boat upgraded by March, you can back seat the NBW with me. Otheriwse, i'll be looking for a ride at least for the DVL events too.

fish ful
12-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Sounds good Chris....i'll dust them off and we can go after some green backs. If this rain stops this week i'll b out a laguna or irvine. I'll be off all thurs. and fridays till next year.

MAVERICK27
12-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Ok, cool. When in doubt, just text or call me Brother. Be proactive. I fish every Saturday without fail. Maybe if I get a weekday during Christmas, we can go...

DaBasser
12-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Nice job finding the bass. Too bad about that 5lber.
That Pizz Custom looks sweet and the bass likes it as well.
By the way, have a great Christmas.

MAVERICK27
12-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Thanks David! We gotta get out again together. Hit some deep water. The jog seems to be good right now. Have a great Christmas and i'll see you at our bass Club tourney in Jan if I don't see you sooner.