PDA

View Full Version : My Guasti Derby Report

karlkrger
12-12-2010, 07:14 PM
ok so the day started out bad. ended up going out on friday night and went to see a band called tomorrows bad seeds in long beach and ended up getting back to the house around 1am. set the alarm to wake up at 3/315/330am and i missed all the alarms. ended up waking up around 6am. Guasti was already open by the time we woke up. we ended up getting there around 715 and got line in the water around 730. i was fishing right on the dock. you may have seen me wearing a red angel hat if you happened to be there or close by. it was a really warm day and it sucked. but either way i got there and it was packed couldnt find a spot. the only reason i started to fish the dock is that i noticed that no one was fishing by the railing areas on the dock (the signs say down fish over railing) well looking over you can see the trout just sitting there chilling. i started to throw powerbait and no luck so i ended up taking out my rooster tail and i got a big huge bite but it pulled so hard that it snapped my line right on the strike. well whatever ended up throwing another rooster tail on there and next thing i knew was bam. nice strike. i caught about a 1.1/2 lbs. didnt take it in to weight it because i saw what other people brought up and well they were way bigger. i think the winner was like 7.5lbs. all in all ended the day with the one. it got really hot and i think that it was slow because of that. lots of people that were fishing off the dock with me got nothing. there was one guy using a rooster tail and ended up getting like 4 nice size fish in the same area as me.

Frequent Flyer
12-12-2010, 08:02 PM
good job. sounds lik ther wer a ton of snaggers ther and it was slow. good job on coming up on some trout at the c... hole called guasti

adiablo420
12-12-2010, 10:24 PM
right on...least u beat the skunk.....

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
12-12-2010, 11:46 PM
i heard it was snaggersville over there bro...great skunk beater tho!

Trout 1
12-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Guasti is no longer Guasti, its now Snag Central! I seen over 30 fish snagged...!!!! Then when u call them out they wine like lil *****es!!!! excuse the languge! Still really mad, i think some of thise guys take snagging as a sport!

Andrew

420fisherman
12-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Glad i didnt go to that sounds like it was a pain in *** to even be fishing there. I always seem to find blogs about people snagging at guasti i dont kno whats up wit that its sad really. But i guess thats what happends when u get people needing some money and dont care how they do it.... I went up to the San Gabriel river saturday west and east forks its beautiful up there and peaceful no 1 to bother u .. Unlike that mad house at guasti ..lol