PDA

View Full Version : Apollo park quickie

fishfinder
12-11-2010, 07:48 PM
went to the park around 2:30. threw white mini jig and worked it in an up and down motion, and was rewarded in the first 5 minutes with a fat 2lb bow, that really fought well. 5 minutes latter another on about the same. Got nothing for the next 30 minutes, and then wham, another fatty, but this one went airborn a couple times. great fighters. After 1 hour of fishng headed home with satisfaction on my face. Good times. Also saw a guy with 4 trout on the stringer, and claimed 2 were browns. lol. no, those were just rainbows with some nice spots. I know what a brown looks like. So the reports of a few browns stocked, look to be going the way of the lock ness monster.

tpfishnfool
12-12-2010, 08:42 AM
No they did put a mix of bows and browns. The browns are dull looking though, hatchery browns dont look very good. Reports of fish to 5lbs being caught.

INDOANGLER2.1
12-12-2010, 08:57 PM
That is correct, Thursday stocking had browns. I talked to a guy on Friday, he caught a 7 lb brown and another caught a 3 lbr. I havent caught any myself but the're there. Apollo is on a every other week schedule now.