PDA

View Full Version : 8mo. Skunk and Still Counting

M@M
12-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Got together with Jig Guy to do some duct hunting Friday. The plan was to drive to the spot on Hwy 138 and work our way back thru Phelan and Victorville. When we hit the 138 we decided to keep heading West and check out some new spots. Stopped at
77th St. for 30min. then took a right at the end of 77th to the siphon.Was suprised to see a paved parking lot...lines and everything:Smile:.after about 30 min. we decided to explore some more and headed West.
Starting at 25th St. and heading East we hit 11 spots a couple of them twice.
Water was pretty clear, no flow at any of the spots. Got a little windy toward late afternoon. Fished from 8am till 4pm. and not one bite all day.:Sad:
Jig Guy I'm sure was impressed, I don't think he believed me at first, when I told him how good I am, at NOT catching fish at the Duct.
But now. I think he's a believer :LOL:
Anyway it's always a good time for me and cool exploring new spots... I'm all ready to go again....
Even a skunk is a report...Right?...........I didn't want to be just a "LURKER"...........

the hunt continues....maybe next time? :Embarrassed:

yolo
12-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Your timing was almost good. Water started to flow in the evening and filling it up. You'll get on em again.

sumojo
12-11-2010, 02:12 PM
hey Yolo how far was the water level up?

yolo
12-11-2010, 02:17 PM
It was about 2' to 3' below the first notch. I call the cement slab lines notches. Seemed like 10' to 12' deep if I had to guess?

sumojo
12-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Thats good the water level is comming back up even a little bit .

sawoobley
12-11-2010, 02:52 PM
M@M - Good job out there! At least you were hitting the pavement. A skunk doesn't feel so bad when someone else gets skunked with you :Twisted:. At least you know it's not just you.

Any plans of hitting up Palmdale or Bako? :Secret:

:Cool:

cutbait
12-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Payin your dues...

We all get the skunk.. Infact we had one cross the road infront of us the other night.

trail blazer
12-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Payin your dues...

We all get the skunk.. Infact we had one cross the road infront of us the other night.,,,,,,

Aint no shame in a duct skunk bro,,,,been there and done that over and over myself,,,,,,

YUP,,,,Cutbait had me scrambling for the cam while we followd the pole cat down a dirt road,,,,,,i think he wanted to sneak up on him from behind,,,,,,,,and after the skunk finally disapeard i thought to myself,,,THAT WAS PROBABLY A BAD IDEA:Bug Eyes:

TRAIL BLAZER

cutbait
12-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Ok tb,, the conditions are set :Wink:... Lets go fishin

Take some videos too

trail blazer
12-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Ok tb,, the conditions are set :Wink:... Lets go fishin

Take some videos too

IM IN!!,,,,,,,,See ya at 3 am

TRAIL BLAZER

madwire3
12-13-2010, 11:14 AM
online dating,, sheesh haha

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-13-2010, 11:47 AM
stay on it....with your perseveerance it's GOTTA pay off...your OVERDUE...

Stay on it.....

Good luck : )

Gary