PDA

View Full Version : Corona 12/10/10...Customer Service

sapdawg11
12-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Alright, I have a complaint about the way the "employees" of Corona Lake treat their customers...These employees all have the same name...Oncorhynchus mykiss. These employees may be more well-known by the names "Tailwalker", "Sierra Bow", or perhaps by the sir name "Rainbow Trout". If you've met these "employees" at Corona Lake, you know exactly what I mean. They are always so angry and make a constant mockery out of my equipment. They just love jumping in the air and spitting hooks. And let's not even talk about how aggressive they can be when you try to get them to net! These fish simply do not like being hooked, and isn't that their job? So thanks a lot Corona Lake, my arm is incredibly tired now from having to coerce copious amounts of "employees" to the side of my float tube yesterday. Pshh, how am I supposed to get any work done today? But really...actually...truly...I must say...I FRIGGIN' LOVE IT!!

And for the real report...

GREAT day of fishing at Corona Lake yesterday. Wide open all over the lake so a great opportunity for everyone to spread out a bit. Weather was fantastic...light and slightly variable breeze all day. There was a HUUUUGGGGEEE fish caught yesterday but not my story to tell. As for me, great action all day long. Some quiet times but lots of "not so quiet times". I truly cannot get over the grade of fish in that lake. Bent to the reel seat on a 3-4 pound fish, are you kidding me?!? I lost something heavy which was a heartbreaker but still caught an easy limit that went close to 15 pounds! Incredible stringer in terms of weight AND taste. I cooked the fish up for a party I attended last night and people were wondering where I had bought the salmon!

I'll update this with at least one picture in a bit. The gentleman that circles the shoreline taking photos of the day's action (I believe his name is Chris) came up to me after I was done and we chatted about the day's fishing. And it was closing time! Most places tend to go downhill FAST in terms of customer service at or near closing time, but not here. They even pulled out the clipboard and let me inspect what other people had caught that day! No rush at the cleaning table, they even loaned me a knife! GREAT stuff on a GREAT day! I'm hugely grateful as making the time to get out there always takes a bit of effort and its awesome to be treated with wonderful fishing and great attitudes when I do get out there. THANKS!

Water temp was around 53. They chewed the paint off of just about everything but were particularly fond of wacky wormed power worms in just about any color. Fish were in close to shore, out in the middle, by the trees, by the dam, by the stocking tube, by the buoy, by the rental docks...get my point? The fish were biting EVERYWHERE!

So get out there! The fish are there and they want to eat!! Spread out, give yourself some room as they really are well dispersed all around the lake. Picture added!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/sapdawg11/AaronSappenfield-Murrieta12-10-10.jpg

Fat Tony
12-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Are you sure thats Corona lake :Razz: the water looks to clear in the picture...

sapdawg11
12-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Picture added!

phishin phool
12-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Great report and Info Sadawg, you killed it as usual. Thanks for posting.

E.A.R.G.
12-12-2010, 10:14 PM
great report!
loved the creativity! I thought i was gonna be another sarl/corona bash ! tricked me!
haha gotta get me out there one day

NachoFish
12-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Great report! I wish I had more "employee" problems at that lake........Soon!

D