PDA

View Full Version : Glen Helen 12/10

vortec_cruiser
12-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Although it's only about 15 minutes from my house in Alta Loma, I have never fished Glen Helen. This morning I decided to give it a try, and got there about 8 AM. I decided to try the small lake, since it was the first one I encountered. Not being a bait fisherman, I initially threw a Kastmaster, since that's what was already tied to the 4 lb. line of my 7' U/L Avid rod & Saros reel. Within three casts I was tied into a 14" planter, which I gave to the guy fishing near me.

It looks like it's going to be a good day!

Several casts later I hooked another 14" Rainbow, and gave it to the same guy. Moving around the lake, I didn't have any more excitement, except for playing ball with another guy's Chocolate Lab. She (the dog) wasn't too happy when I stopped throwing the tennis ball, but if I hadn't walked away, she would have had me throwing the ball for the rest of the day. I get the same thing from my Yellow Lab at home, and just love it.

Completely circling the lake and arriving back at the spot where I started fishing, I switched to a Thomas Buoyant, and the action started all over again. During the following 45 minutes, I landed and released four more rainbows, all being about 14" long. Needless to say, I will be going back to Glen Helen in the future.

I didn't get any pictures, but for those of you who haven't caught any rainbows recently, here's a stock photo of what they look like. :-)
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/luvtnt/rainbow.jpg

ryanr0cks
12-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Sounds like a good day, thanks for the report!!

Frequent Flyer
12-11-2010, 07:51 AM
great job on the trout ive seen and pet the same dog. the guy is really cool also

vortec_cruiser
12-11-2010, 08:20 PM
It was truly a good day of fishing.

Yeah, the dog's owner was a cool guy.