PDA

View Full Version : Jess Ranch Lakes 12/10/10

Trout Daddy
12-10-2010, 03:15 PM
So after the citizens of Los Angeles County decided to keep me up all night at work I figured I would be too tired to go fishing. I put in about 2 hours on the sleepometer so
I was hurting on the way home. I took the kids to school and was gonna hit the rack but for some reason I couldnt sleep. Sooooo loaded up the jiggin stick the fanny pack and hit the road. Not wanting to pay $17 bucks at Glen Helen I headed up to Jess Ranch Lakes. Got there at around 835 and there were only 15 cars in the lot. I payed and made my way over to lake 3 and hit the East shore by the inlet. White Pearl Lip Ripperz jig on the first cast and BAMMO, nice little 1 pounder. I continued to throw that jig with only a hit or two. Switched to orange and got another one a little bigger now. So than the enemy of the High Desert peeks itsugly head, the WIND. The bite slows for awhile and most people head over to the other lake. Apparantely they had stocked it on Thu and the lake I was fishing was stocked last Sunday. I kept true to the jigs switching types and colors and adding different color tails to see what would work. I put a orange tail on the white lip ripperz and casted it out as gar as possible. a slow retrieve and a big hit! I got a fish on now and it starts peeling drag, I think to myself this has got to be a big fish. Of course I am by myself and there is a guy to my left about 100 yds, I call out to him to come grab my net, the fish makes a run towards the shore and I reel as fast as possible and I see it. LUNKER for me. I try to be careful as not to lose it. Cannot get it in close enough to net and than the worst thing ever happened, it came off. DAMMIT, that is 2 big fish on a jig that I have lost at Jess Ranch. Fished for about 15 more minutes and got another one. Total of 3 fish in 2 hours and one big one got away. I left around 11 was at home for a nap by 1145. Good day will post pics later.

BassHunter1979
12-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Damn..nicely done! I'll be there next weekend..........what kind of tails were you putting on the Lip Ripperz? Were you putting on Lip Ripperz trout worms for tails? Just curious. Too bad on the big one....

Piss on Myspace
12-10-2010, 07:32 PM
gotta love jess ranch...sucks about the big fish, but everybody has "the one that got away"...thats what keeps us coming back...congrats on the fish caught though and thanks for the report