PDA

View Full Version : The BAKO BOYS,WOW!!,DD STRIPERS,,CATFISH,,W/O Bite for 3 hrs,Duct water

trail blazer
12-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Decided to hit it last night around 930 ish,,,Fishing by 10 45pm.

This time we brought some bait with us to see how the kitty action would be at the NEW spot:Secret:.

We planned on getting set up with bait rods,for kittys, then hunting for some stripers with our other rods.

When we get there CUTBAIT starts riging up his bait rod <LIKE WE AGREED WE WOULD BOTH DO 1ST!>

THEN I PROMPTLY BURNT HIM and grabed my jerkbait rod and hit the honey hole:Rolls Eyes:,,,
Sorry bro,,,,,,My striper fever made me do it:Embarrassed:

so im casting and he gets riged up on his bait rod and gets ready to cast and then it happens,,,,,,TB gets SLAMED,,,Right at my feet,,HUMONGUS fight lasts almost 15 minutes,,,,,,,,,,give and take forever,,,,,,,New she was big ,,wasnt sure how big but at least way into the DDgts

FINALLY was able to get her into a nettable distance and CUTBAIT did the honors,,EXELENT NET JOB<,,,,SHE barely fit into our net,,,,,,,She was really hard to handle beacuse of the way she was hooked,,,the tail hook was in her mouth and the front hook was burried in the back of her head,,,,,,She had way more torque working against me hook,d like that

She weigh,d out at 18.2,lbs on the digi,,,,,,,she was SOOOOO fat,,GIRTH WAS MASSIVE for her length,,,I WAS STOKED:Big Grin:

By now CUTBAIT was getting his bait rod out,,,,,,,,Was out no more then a minute or so and he hollard HOOKUP!,Hadnt even put his rod down yet,Great fight for him also,,,,,,,,turned out to be a big ole channel cat at abought 8 lbs.

Then i hook up on another striper,,,,Another DD for sure,,,BUT NOTHING LIKE THE 1ST,

At 1 point she came plum out of the water and did a cartwheel in the air,,,COULDNT BELEAVE IT,,And in no time at all after that she just gave up,,,,,When i got her in the net i could see why,,Her mouth was stuck completely shut by 2 trebble hooks,,,SHE COULDNT BREATH.

She ended up weighing 12.4 lbs on the digi.

Before i could get her put away cutbait was on another PIG KITTY.

Then another,,,then another,,,then another,,,,HE WAS ON FIRE with these kittys.

All in all he landed 9 kittys from 2 1/2 to 8 lbs and i was only able to get hooked up with 1 .

All the catfish were channel cat eccept for 1 white cat,,,,,,and all were really fat just like the stripers,,WELL FED,,As you,l see in one of the pics

No more stripers after that ,,,We finally ran out of bait abought 2 am ,,,,WAS SO GLAD,,,,,,,we, had been standing in a 20 foot area for 3 hrs or so casting,,,fighting feesh ,,netting feesh ,,,,,,,Our backs were sore,,LOL and it was getting cold and foggy.

We headed in.;

STRIPERS cought on BPS,X P S 5in JERKBAIT,,,,Fished SLOWWW,

Catfish on bait,,,,Almost all were cought drifting the bait with a slow bottom bounce style drift,,,,,,,SPLIT SHOT rig.

Here,s some pics

My 1st striper of the night====18.2 lbs

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_3723.jpg

Cut baits 1st kitty

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_3730.jpg

Me with # 1 and 2===18.2 and 12. 4 lbs

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_3735.jpg

Cut bait with another kitty

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_3724.jpg

TAIL gate shot ,,,,LOOK how fat all these fish were

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_3731.jpg

Looky what there bellys were ALL plum filled up with,,,

CANDY

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_3742.jpg

Looky what we came out with all togather,,MMMMMMM

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_3743.jpg

Our next few trips will be C and R trips for sure,,,,,,,OUR freezers are full,,LOL

We had a freeking BLAST,,,,,,,

till next time

TRAIL BLAZER

Josh
12-10-2010, 02:57 PM
that's some seriously nice fish man!

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-10-2010, 03:01 PM
MURDER DEATH KILL !

WHata' SLAY U both were putting some digits DOWN !

I was privy of the play by play on the phone after the 1st 10 minutes I KNEW you were on a real hawg !

Nicely done my friend !

Saweet feesh !

HUGE Congrats !

Can't say that as I was home oiling and cleaning my curado that the live action phone call didn't make me want to hop in my car and ROLL !

Saweet....

Drag Peel'a...and I know.....Cutbait put the phone up to your reel and I HEARD IT !

lUV IT....

Great job !
Gary

madwire3
12-10-2010, 03:30 PM
great slay guys... hope for even 1 fish my next run,, maybe tomorrow

DanS
12-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Catfish are really good tasting out of the duct. Those are nice stripers. Nice haul on the cats.

madwire3
12-10-2010, 03:53 PM
hey was this near gates? last few times i hit near gates i didnt get much more then tiny bites,, away from gates has been workin ok though

yolo
12-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Nice stripers and kittys. Man it reminds me of the AV a few weeks ago when the DD's came out to play for awhile. You guys have a fire going from the orange light glow or were there ufo's hovering above or neither? :Wink: :Secret:

cutbait
12-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Was a blast TB!!! you forgot to mention that your single kitty weighed more than mine! Got me on the Stripes and STILL caught the biggest kitty.

You didn't mention the kick in the butt I gave you either when your kitty was bigger. You didn't mention the missle that hit me in the gut when I hung up my fluke downstream at the water line and was putting mega pressure on it to break off and it come loose and whistled through the air and drove into my gut. I finally had a duct injury! 1/2 ounce lead head going 70 mph into my gut

My truck STINKS, my clothes stink, my wifes pissed cause I am keeping chicken livers in the fridge now. Slimy arse kittys looked like eels in the back of the truck wiggling around.

BAKO BOYS at it again!!! No bodies of water are safe now!

Catfish are really good tasting out of the duct. Those are nice stripers. Nice haul on the cats.

Yo dan, check your pm

Nice stripers and kittys. Man it reminds me of the AV a few weeks ago when the DD's came out to play for awhile. You guys have a fire going from the orange light glow or were there ufo's hovering above or neither? :Wink: :Secret:

All those pics were taken in the parking lot at Jack in the box on I-5 near the grapevine. Halfway between Quail and Bako

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-10-2010, 05:02 PM
All those pics were taken in the parking lot at Jack in the box on I-5 near the grapevine. Halfway between Quail and Bako

Quail.....Quail...did U mention Quail....Maybe tonight...1st stop....Jack in the box Jumbo Jack special...washed down by monster......followed by Bloooood !

Did u hike in ? or did U bike ?

cutbait
12-10-2010, 05:32 PM
I told you were waiting to long to try that rosamond spot gawry

TroutOnly
12-10-2010, 05:45 PM
GREAT KILL BAKO-BOYS,,,,,,,,,,KILL-KILL-KILL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,

cutbait
12-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Where you been TO??? Been looking for some striper kills from ya!

TB, just noticed, perfect unbroken stripes. No inbred stripers there. 100% purebreed

Double A
12-10-2010, 07:57 PM
way to get on em

very informative alslo... was thinking about making a run to rosamond, then hit quail on the way back around ;)

good job guyz

trail blazer
12-10-2010, 08:20 PM
CUT BAIT WROTE{All those pics were taken in the parking lot at Jack in the box on I-5 near the grapevine. Halfway between Quail and Bako }

Not all,,,,,,,,,,,,,The daylight pics were at my house,,,,,,,,,,,,And that 1 pic was just as YOLO sumised,,,U F O!

TRAIL BLAZER

kerryvbc1
12-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Funny how few post there are right now with the weather changing. Because of work, I have'nt been able to fish myself. You guys went out and destroyed the duct! congratulations

troutjunkie
12-10-2010, 08:36 PM
wow man,you know, if you didnt do this junk all the time i would be surprised. Although this looks like an exceptionaly good trip.I would also ask just exactly how in the world you boys did it but as trailblazer can tell ya he's tryed and tryed over the years to show me.Icant tell you how many times I have spent all night at that R/A aqueduct with everybody around me catchin like crazy and me sitting on my hands.O well, that ain't what this is about.This is to send out a big ol congrats to you boys.wow man what a crazy catch.no doubt you BAKO BOYZ got that stretch of water all figured out.I got to tell you bro,fish taco's are sounding good after seeing those pics.WOW,nice fish fellas.

smokehound
12-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Damn, you guys tore it up!

What were you using for the cats, Cutbait? Liver?

cutbait
12-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah smoke.. split shotting chunks of liver downstream. These low december flows allows the perfect drift right now....

GREENSTINKYFEET
12-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Congratulations!!!!! Very impressive!!!!!! Great job

TroutOnly
12-12-2010, 05:11 PM
CARPBOY IVE BEEN VERY BUSY WORKING IN BISHOP,AND NOW THAT THE BIG JOB IS DONE ITS BACK TO THE STRIPEY KILLIN,,,,,,,,,,,,,THOSE ARE SOME NICE FISH FROM YOU AND SCOTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

FishingwithDave
12-12-2010, 08:30 PM
You guys crushed it! Thanks always for the entertaining reports.

David

Dalizzy07
12-14-2010, 09:17 AM
kings of the duct are at it again lol i dont understand how you guys catch these MONSTERS

fishinone
12-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Wow! Nice slay.

2 striper 30+ lb. awesome. Those cats are nice too.

When is the fish fry?

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-14-2010, 10:35 AM
CUT BAIT WROTE{All those pics were taken in the parking lot at Jack in the box on I-5 near the grapevine. Halfway between Quail and Bako }

Ohh I know that spot....it's right near that Asian Fish Market !

MAVERICK27
12-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Awesome, simply awesome!!!

Spaulding
12-14-2010, 04:24 PM
I must of missed this post. Damn those are some great catches..IMPRESSIVE....MOST IMPRESSIVE.

cutbait
12-14-2010, 06:03 PM
IMPRESSIVE....MOST IMPRESSIVE.

Thanks VADER