PDA

View Full Version : Best sushi on the planet

Josh
12-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Since we all like fish I am guessing a lot of people like sushi.

If you want a GREAT place for sushi ya need to go to Jang Soo Sushi bar and restaurant up in Hawaiian Gardens.

I try and get there ever few weeks. They have fresh Halibut sushi (as in a tank of halibut ready to be made into sushi) and fresh abolone sushi (as in a tank of abolone to be made into sushi) plus all the other standards and the quality is top notch from the tuna and salmon to the uni.

Just thought I'd share :)

Thisfool
12-09-2010, 05:48 PM
wow sounds great but also sounds way out of my price rang.

i love the lil sushi spot up the street from my house called AMI SUSHI. super good sushi served with a big smile and a small price.

Josh
12-09-2010, 09:02 PM
actually their prices are really good. The wife and I never drop more than 60 (of course we eat a lot of sushi) but they have combo deals that are really well priced.

murrieta angler
12-09-2010, 09:10 PM
IMO,
The best sushi is the tuna I catch and filet right on the boat!!!
But, if I had to choose a resteraunt, mine is Sapporo Sushi, in Temecula.
Jimmy, the Head Chef, works with you to create something new, along with some Saki Bombs, of course!!!!
Later,
Robert
<><

Troutman65
12-10-2010, 03:29 AM
actually their prices are really good. The wife and I never drop more than 60 (of course we eat a lot of sushi) but they have combo deals that are really well priced.

$ 60.00 ? I drop that at a min. when I go to eat sushi. Plus I have some beer.

Josh
12-10-2010, 09:24 AM
$ 60.00 ? I drop that at a min. when I go to eat sushi. Plus I have some beer.

The pieces at this place are huge. Add to that it's korean so they throw in stuff like miso soup and appetizer items.

Thisfool
12-10-2010, 12:50 PM
yea thats about as much as i spend some times more. last time i went i spent about $70

$5-6-sashimi salad me and my friend split.
$9-10-baby lobster tail roll
$6-7- spider roll
$8-9- rainbow roll
$8-9- dragon roll (my fav)
$10-11-13 piece assorted sushi
$10-11-10 piece sashimi (first time i ever ordered sashimi from here and i was surprised how big the pieces were)
$3-5- for two pints of Ashai extra dry beer. ( goes so perfict with sushi)

Bassnman Mike
12-10-2010, 06:42 PM
I've got plenty of friends and family that enjoys Sushi so please dont take the following wrong, its just how I feel.

Fire was discovered many, many years back so IMHO Sushi equals bait. BWHAAAAAA! Unless its cooked of course.

BTW, I do enjoy a California roll from time to time

Seņor.Chilax
12-13-2010, 12:52 PM
I've got plenty of friends and family that enjoys Sushi so please dont take the following wrong, its just how I feel.

Fire was discovered many, many years back so IMHO Sushi equals bait. BWHAAAAAA! Unless its cooked of course.

HAHAHA! I feel the same way. I can't have raw fish, I need my food COOKED.

Josh
12-13-2010, 12:59 PM

I like cooked fish but have to say, I almost consider it a sin to cook salmon or tuna now that I've had both as sushi :P