PDA

View Full Version : tubed for my first time today!

matt duarte
07-28-2007, 10:37 PM
ya i got the skunk handed to me. but i did get to try out my tube!!!! it was fun when id hear a bass hit the top water id be able to get to that spot fast. another i learned is that tubeing is not for a BIG LAKE! i cant feel my legs, and i cant feel my arms!! fighting the current sux! and perris had strong current! and from a boat point of view the spot i was going to felt kinda close to shore...... well it wasnt! took me almost 30 to 45 min to get where i wanted to be! i learned my lession! i was about to call socalrippin who was on a boat (the leaky peepee) and i was gonna tell him to come get me and tow me to the spot.. but there were other tubers in the area and i didnt want to look like a sissy! lol sooo after getting stuck in all the perris weeds and moss thats in the lake (i forgot to look where i was going and ended up in a whole mess of alge and moss and weeds...what a bit#$! that was. well eventully i got to our spot tried and winded lol damn current (ya i went out far) casted a bunch of times tried different baits and nada, it was a cool feeling though being out there in the middle of the lake with tons of bait fish boiling right next to you! and those bass hit the top water close to the tube to! one of them i could of noodled it if i was facing the right way but all in all it was a good time i learned things like... im sticking to smaller lakes with the float tuebe like corona and irvine.....ill post some pictures as soon as i get them uploaded

cappo
07-29-2007, 01:32 PM
congrats on your first tube trip, too bad about the skunk.

cat_fishes1
07-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I can definitely relate to the difficulty in paddling and maneuvering your tube on a large lake. I was out at Castaic with my boyfriend Saturday and when that wind comes up it's tough. We were lucky enough to get towed back to where we had launched by the lifeguard boat. I'm thinking trolling motor at some point.

matt duarte
07-30-2007, 01:26 PM
ya a little trolling motor would be sweet! and ya I wasn't about to paddle back to shore I hopped on my buddys boat, put the tube in the boat and got to shore fast! well faster than I would of in the tube! I think just need to get the right fins to I was using diver fins and I think they were to long and skinny

Socal Bassman
07-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Check out those Creek Company thruster style fins. They're like $40 and propels you through the water easily.

Santa Fe Eric
07-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the report. I've gotta do my research on Perris.

Eric

Wingnut
08-01-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm gonna try tubin' one of these days for sure! :wink:

Skyler
08-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Your legs will get stronger as you do it more. I recommend swimming a lot. I swam quite a bit for the month before i got my tube, and once i was on the water, i was easily able to kick to the island and back at lake perris, and then some. If you get bigger diver's fins, you will be able to cover water a lot faster too, though I must say, it's much harder to walk forwards.

Goofy4fish
08-08-2007, 02:10 PM
I understand about being tired. I started tubing about 1 1/2 years ago. I used diving fins at first also cause of cost. When you are able try Hotspot fins, (they say for about $45) or ask your daughter as I did for a pair of Force fins (Christmas Gift).

Wow what a difference. No more tired legs & I get there in 1/2 the time. They move plenty of water with a lot less effort. They are costly tho at $119. (Sports Chalet)

I use a Nav IV tube, with all the goodies, Eagle 320 Fish finder, pole holders, and plastics galore.

Keep a tight line & hope to see you at Perris one day soon. :)

matt duarte
08-09-2007, 11:35 AM
ya I gotta quit being a titewad and fork over the money :lol:
ill be at perris this saturday with 5 other guys from FNN!

tacklejunkie
08-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Those force fins will be my next purchase. They look like the way to go for float tubes..

Ray Lopez
08-14-2007, 04:42 PM
I just recently got my first tube (Browning Stalker) and i got some snorkeling fins (Oceanways Sea Dart) for 24.99 at big 5 and they got me going pretty good in the water.

I was out at the lagoon from 4 till 7:30 and did not get tired at all. They are very long fins so that might be why i had no problems working my way around the lagoon.

I thought my legs were gonna be killing me today but i guess all my years of swimming and working out my legs paied off lol My legs feel fine and i actully was thinking about going again today but i need to do some clean house crap today