PDA

View Full Version : Fishing License question for all of you out there

exfactor
12-07-2010, 08:58 PM
I do reel repairs up here in Santa Barbara for the Hook line and Sinker store. I understand that this next year there will be an implication of computer generated licenses that Mr Shin had to go to school to learn how to use. He has paid the fees for the new program, and done what the state has asked of him, however "THE STATE STILL HASN'T SENT THE MACHINE FOR NEW LICENSES YET" Do any of the tackle stores down there have this machine yet, and are selling 2011 licenses? There are 3 places here, and none of them have it yet. Mr Shin's so frustrated with the DFG situation, he's about ready to quit totally. I ask this, as I forsee the licenses won't be available by Jan 1, and an excuse to the warden that the state screwed up will not work, so setting us up to fail AGAIN! IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, PLEASE REPLY. Mikey

Nessie Hunter
12-08-2010, 06:40 AM
Just set up a Computer & printer and buy online till the Machine gets there???
Just a suggestion???
Sales will probably be way down this year with the online availability & Economy IMO....
No doubt a price increase also (as usual !!!)...

I feel for ya though.. State & DFG are pretty Screwed up!!!!!!!!!!!!

sonarbp
12-08-2010, 02:22 PM
He will still be able to sell the paper license until the DFG gets the system up and running. Atleast that is what the manager at Jimmy's Outdoors was told. Jimmy's has not got their machince yet either....not sure what is going on but once the system is in place and running it will make things alot easier!

sonarbp
12-08-2010, 02:26 PM
The license agents in the initial pilot of ALDS include:

Brown’s Sporting Goods - Garberville, Calif.
Kalina’s Hardware - Malin, Oregon
The Tackle Box - Salinas, Calif.
H & M Landing - San Diego, Calif.
*Big 5 - El Segundo, Calif.
*Walmart - Susanville, Calif.
*Sports Authority - Temecula, Calif.
Broadway Bait, Rod & Gun - Sacramento, Calif.
Herb Bauer Sporting Goods - Fresno, Calif.
Dom’s Outdoor Outfitters - Livermore, Calif.
Diamond Sporting Goods - Ukiah, Calif.
Floyd’s General Store - Bakersfield, Calif.
The Grant Boys - Costa Mesa, Calif.
*Bass Pro Shop’s Outdoor World - Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
Half Moon Bay Sportfishing and Tackle - Half Moon Bay, Calif.
Newport Landing - Newport Beach, Calif.
I assume the rest of the tackle stores will follow later...?

exfactor
12-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Not sure how selling last years stickers on this next years license would work, so kind of confused how they could do that. I understand it's a device where you need to provide your drivers license to purchase it. Now, if only they could do the same thing with boat registration, we could all go fish any lake with verification as to where we were last, and eliminate the quagga inspection. But that would be to simple for such a complicated state.

HESBROS
12-09-2010, 07:54 AM
The Turners that my wife works at hads the machine and are selling 2011 license. It prints out like a parking meter ticket! But it is there and working.

EL_CHIDO
12-09-2010, 08:31 AM
I went to BPS and asked if I could buy my license for '11 and they said my current license will work until 02/2011?