PDA

View Full Version : Finally skunked at Perris...

I M Hooked
12-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Well I broke my track record at Perris yesterday (for this year) by not even getting a bite! lol. I never catch a lot of bass at Perris. I fish from shore, but Ive always caught at least 1 so far this year. I made ALOT of casts yesterday from the furthest point bar. My shoulder still aches from trying to launch what I was throwing as far as I could. Theyre probably just too far to reach from shore. I saw an impressive display of gulls busting shad obviously pushed up by a school of fish, but I was still about 20yds out of reach with my best cast. Oh well still had a good time. Ill probably hit up the shores again this winter but mostly Ill just stock up and prepare for this spring.

smokinflies
12-08-2010, 10:52 PM
thanks for the 411.

bassgrabber1
12-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Yeah I have been the throwing the fishfinder out as far as I could and there are no fish to be found.......I can only get it to about 23 feet of water.

Pete Marino
12-09-2010, 10:46 AM
The dam is holding the most consistant shallow bite.. Most of the other shallow areas are kinda just hit or miss now because so many fish are in 30+.

Where ever you decide to fish...Just slow it waaaay down.. and downsize you baits..

Pete

bassgrabber1
12-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Yeah I have been down sizing the baits but i just can't get deep enough. Hopefully this warmer weather brings them up just a bit. Your tourney on Sat Pete should be an awesome bite. Good luck brutha.

Pete Marino
12-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks Bassgrabber!!!

Dont be fooled into thinking that ALL the bass are deep. There are bass that live on the dam all year...
Yeah, there are more bass in the deeper water right now but still there are some on the dam to be caught.. target 8-15 ft...
If I fished the dam right now Id crank it and splitshot it or even throw a swimbait on it..

Pete...

bassgrabber1
12-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Thanx for the tips Pete.

Sublime-Steve
12-10-2010, 05:12 PM
james when can u go?

I M Hooked
12-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Good luck tommorrow Pete! Thanks for the tips. Last time I fished that dam I slpipped and fell. Couldnt work for a week. However I like to catch fish so I guess its time to face that damn dam again.
Bassgrabber and Sublime PM me when you guys go again. Il meet up with you guys if you want.