PDA

View Full Version : El Segundo 12/06

JIM E
12-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Hit the beach around 9 this morning to clean, cool ( not cold ) water. Beach was wet from the rains last night, but the water showed no evidence of the rain that fell. Tied on a swimmy, and got tapped on the first cast, with no connect. Work towards the rock jetty and swam it next to some submerged boulders, and this guy inhailed it as it went past ....

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg310/JIMKIM55/ElSegPerch1206.jpg

Kept to the task and came up with nothin else as the tide contnued to drop. Hopfully the change in the weather will allow the water to warm a bit, for better action later in the week.

klocked
12-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Another nice piggy!!

DockRat
12-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Big BSP ?
What size foot do you have ?

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww123/catz_mafia/AADT0012562.jpg DR

murrieta angler
12-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Very nice pig Jim,
If there was one, there had to be more. Get back out there and get the rest of em!
Thanks for sharing,
Robert
<><

Wingnut
12-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the update Jim. Those big BSP's should be rolling in for the spawn very soon. :Wink:
Fishing without waders in December... :Shocked: Brrrrrrrrrrr... :LOL:

JIM E
12-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the update Jim. Those big BSP's should be rolling in for the spawn very soon. :Wink:
Fishing without waders in December... :Shocked: Brrrrrrrrrrr... :LOL:

The waders were left in the truck this time Art. I had all intentions of wearing them, but they weren't needed once I got there..... one of the perks of livng in SoCal......

fishshep
12-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Redondo ? Never figured that for Perchin :???: Corbs and Halibut maybe ?
Nice Perch :Big Grin:

blackwater
12-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Looks like a pretty big BSP you got there Jim. Soon they'll be popping little ones all over the beach. :Wink:

flyngby
12-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Jim,

Another nice pig!

Waders left in the truck? Hell I wear 2 layers under the waders lately! :Cold Fishing:

DockRat
12-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Redondo ? Never figured that for Perchin :???: Corbs and Halibut maybe ?
Nice Perch :Big Grin:

El Segundo is between Manhattan Beach and LAX
Redondo (more south) does have BSP but not Pigs, Hermosa is better for BSP.
DR

keepemlo
12-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Anybody have a good recipe for bps ?I always throw em back waitn for that butt ,seeing how I have to throw the first one back as it would be my pb ,maybe perch can b on the menu, thanks for the report

Wingnut
12-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Anybody have a good recipe for bps ?I always throw em back waitn for that butt ,seeing how I have to throw the first one back as it would be my pb ,maybe perch can b on the menu, thanks for the report

I think most people just fry them up like Panfish... but look out for the parasites. :Shocked:

Make sure during the spawning months (January thru March), if you catch a fat pregnant female, let her go! :Cool: