PDA

View Full Version : Guide trip sunday dvl the three amigos

TroutOnly
12-06-2010, 06:42 AM
WENT TO DVL TO GUIDE NICK ,MIKE AND PAULO,GOT TO THE LAKE TO FIND DARKENED SKIES WHICH IS GOOD,BUT THATS WERE IT ENDED THERE WAS A HUGE BASS TOURNEY AND THEY WERE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING IN MASSIVE WATER ,WHICH KILLED THE BITE ,DESPITE THAT PAULO AND MIKE BOTH GOT PB'S TO THEM SELVES.IT SEEMED THE ONLY WAY TO GET A BITE WAS WITH SHAD ,WE FOUND ONE SPOT THAT WAS SET UP RIGHT ,WE HAD FISHED IT TOPWATER BECAUSE OF THE STRIPEYS AND BASS POPPING THE SURFACE ON THE SHAD ,I MADE THE CALL TO GO BACK TO MY TRUCK AND GRAB MY SHAD NETS, BUT BY TIME WE GOT BACK A BASS BOAT WAS IN OUR SPOT,THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE FUNNY THROWING THERE LURES AT MY BOAT WHILE WE SLOWLY APPROACHED AND TALKED SMACK, THEY WERE LUCKY I WAS IN A GOOD MOOD ,WE SAT WAITED FOR THEM TO STRIKE OUT ON THE SPOT WHICH THE DID BUT THEY WERE GOING TO COCKBLOCK ME FROM MOVING IN ON THE SHAD HONEY HOLE, THATS ALL GOOD CAUSE I KNOW KNOW WHO ONE OF THEM WAS AND I HAVE A LONG MEMORY AND THEY PRETTY DUMB ON THERE INTERNET SKILLS, AND SEEINGS HOW THERE A GUIDE ON THIS SITE THAT MAKES IT EASIER TO SLAM THEM FOR THERE RUDE BEHAVIOR. ANYWAY WAY IT WAS GOOD DAY ON THE WATER DESPITE THE CONDITIONS THANK YOU NICK -MIKE AND PAULO,,,,,,,,,,,AND IT WAS NICE SEEING SOME OTHER FRIENDLY FNNERS AT THE LAKE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0855paulo1111111.jpg

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0856mike-2222222.jpg
hey mike i think you would have won the bass tourney with youre kpn bass,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

trail blazer
12-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Wtg BOB and FRIENDS!.

Cant beat the L,SHAD for a tough bite!

So BOB,,,,,,,,Who was it being a PRICK out there?

I mean,,just for future reference,,,LOL

TRAIL BLAZER

Bassman1974
12-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Put them on blast, they would if it was the other way around. Let us know who to look out for.

Pete Marino
12-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Well it wasnt me...lol.. I wasnt at DVL this weekend. And Art Hill doesnt fish tournaments so he probably wasnt there.. So the field is narrowed down..
Must be one of the two other guides...would have to check the results...
That being said, if they are on a spot and in a tournament, they dont need to give it up for anybody.
If they were fun fishing that would be another story. Just my opinion..

Why would it make someone a "Prick" if they were in a tournament and didnt give up a spot?? Thats a bit harsh... They were in a tournament... I just dont think slamming someone like that is right. If they were in the tournament, they paid big money to enter and they are fishing for big money..AND they moved onto the spot when nobody was there.. Why should they give up a spot?
Like I said, if they were out fun fishing and didnt show courtesy that would be wrong...But it doesnt sound like this was the case..
Im not taking any sides here, Im just trying to understand...

Still nice job getting your guys on fish Bob. Its crazy how many shad are still up in that lake..

Pete

Hog Caller
12-06-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't think you're the only one confused??????

HEMAN
12-06-2010, 12:07 PM
I'd have to agree with Pete here.. if they are in a tournament and moved in when you left.. then I dont see anything wrong with it..

BUT, them throwing lures at your boat? do you mean towards your approaching boat? or literally at your boat? that's kinda of a d!ck move to do.

i dont know why it is.. we are all grown men on the water and we can't use our words.. i've had people move in near a spot i was fishing before and they asked if they cld toss a couple casts and I didnt mind.. and vice versa. Just use your words. We can all be courteous with each other and there are plenty of fish in the lake.

HuskerRod
12-06-2010, 12:40 PM
I only ever got cursed out one time at DVL. I was still fishing a spot on the east dam when A guy came trolling down the dam. He was an old timer, bass fisher, fishing alone, and not a tourni guy He evidently didnt like the idea that I didnt back out and let him troll through. I said, "Good morning" and he let out a profanity laced tirade as he high tailed out of there. Im a "lover and fisher" and not a fighter so I let it slide. Of course, I ever see him again he'll be hanging by his whitey tighties from the highest flag pole out there...hehehehehehehe

Now T.O. if it were me you saw sunday I would have gladly let you in. Of course, I would have talked your ear off and I would have graciously accepted a few of those shad for my generosity...hehehehe. Anything would have been better then the X-mas shopping I had to do.

LunkerLover
12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
i dont know why it is.. we are all grown men on the water and we can't use our words.. i've had people move in near a spot i was fishing before and they asked if they cld toss a couple casts and I didnt mind.. and vice versa. Just use your words. We can all be courteous with each other and there are plenty of fish in the lake.

Well said HEMAN

trail blazer
12-06-2010, 03:24 PM
All great points Mr marino

Just sounded to me like bob did wait his turn and they were just being pri,,,LOL,,,,,,,RUDE anyway

Maby my use of words were a little excessive,,,MABY NOT.

Bobs clients were paying costomers also by the way ,,at a public lake.

TRAIL BLAZER

Geraldlim
12-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Great to finally meet you Bob!

Pete Marino
12-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Trail Blazer...

I know his clients were paying customers at a public lake BUT that doesnt entitle them to any spot they choose on the lake at any given moment. If a spot is occupied then its taken unless they are invited over.. If not then they just fish around the area until said spot is open.
As I mentioned, If it was me and I was fun fishing I would have invited them in so they could make bait.. If its fun fishing, its just that, "FUN fishing", so theres no reason to not let people enjoy a spot to.
If it is a tournament on the other hand, I think its a different story. I dont however agree with casting at someones boat to try to keep them away.. Either ask them to give you space because you are in a tournament or invite them in, one or the other....dont play games though..

Tight lines

Pete

sweetfish
12-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Ok, I am guilty of casting not all a boat, but behind or in front of a boat by 10 - 15 yards to show that person that they are within my casting range. What would be the proper way for me to tell someone that they are way too close (Had a pontoon boat anchor within 20 feet from me once) without sounded like a jerk but still get the point across? I do not like to be confrontational, but I do not like being walked on either.

Spaulding
12-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Nice fish, Bob.

Pete Marino
12-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Sweetfish..

I know what you mean..its a touchy situation. I think its up to the person coming in on a spot to determine if the other boat is in the tournament or not.. They should ask if they arent sure. And if the other boat is in a tournament they should just give them room and show respect.
However if the boat isnt in a tournament then it wouldnt be bad to ask if they can fish the area with them... Being Friendly goes a Long way in my book and will help avoid any problems..
One of my pet peeves is when Im out fun fishing or with clients and a boat comes up close and acts like im a ghost..and they dont say anything.. That bugs the sh@% out of me. Like i said, BEING FRIENDLY goes a LONG way with me personally.
Personally if im in a tournament and someone gets close to me I let them know that Im fishing a tournament and to please give me some room...BUT, thats only if they are getting Really close. (like 10-15 yards away). Usually people understand and will give you space..
But If im fun fishing or with clients, I dont mind how close they get, just as long as they are friendly...

Pete

Pete Marino
12-06-2010, 04:54 PM
All that being said,, some people are just miserable and hard to deal with.. It happens.

Pete

sweetfish
12-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks Pete.

I do like to give other boaters the respect of their space and keep my distance from them, and when someone doesn't give me the same respect I will try the diplomatic approach at first. Then, if that doesn't work, I will tie on the 2 ounce sinker and bombard the disrespectful one. J/K.

Sorry Bob for the hijack. Thanks for your report.

GillyGreen
12-06-2010, 06:47 PM
I have to agree that it isnt right to move in on someone like that because you were there 20 mins ago and decided to leave.. I dont like moving in on boats that are in a spot already, but Am I guilty of moving in on busters when they are going off in a cove during a tourney, yes... I try to move in slowly on the troller to get in on some action.. Especially if I watch for 20 mins and the guy isnt catching anything. I have had boats make agressive maneuvers to cut me off from busters when they are already going off behind his boat just to try to keep the cut to himself. I dont apreciate it but its his move.. He was there first. Most people just get frustrated and leave anyways when they cant catch anything after 30 mins. Ive had guys see me working 20 yds of a bank back and forth and slide in behind me and stay on a spot so i cant turn around again and move back to an area...Its fishing.. I've had guys troll between me and the bank on a point when I was only 40 ft off the bank casting a punker on the point. Sorry to vent... it happens.... but lets try and show some respect for each other.. tight lines....

mike

RngrAngler18
12-06-2010, 08:38 PM
I have to agree with Pete here, if you left the spot they have every right to move in. There so called "cockblocking from the shad honey hole" isn't the wrong thing to do in that situation. Trying to expose someone on a forum and attack their business for not letting you fish a spot you left isn't right. I'm sure there is another side to this story. I was fishing the tournament yesterday and fishing was tough so I don't blame them. We caught around 25-30 fish but finding big fish was a problem.

WARRIORMIKE
12-06-2010, 09:07 PM
You being a "professional guide" you know you cannot depend on one spot to produce. From what I know you need to have at a least 25-30 spots for your customers to enjoy. With the casting thing, there is a 25 yard courtesy rule, so unless they were throwing lures into your boat, then I can see where you might get angry. Personally I believe your post was a bit vacuous to put another guide on blast on this site :Confused:

KingShad
12-07-2010, 02:13 AM
Let's not forget that BBQ aba won all have a set distance rule. If they don't ask, take a photo and dq them. I always ask if I can fish in a spot. Most say yes, some say now which is there right. Casting lures to show ur range just makes u look like the jerk. The lake is really busy right now and educate is out the door at dvl. I pride myself in respecting others.

trail blazer
12-07-2010, 04:25 AM
I dont think anybody moved in on anybody,,,,,,,,,,sounds to me like sombody was waiting there turn a short distance away,,

Didnt you all read this part!

QUOTE T/O,

WE SAT WAITED FOR THEM TO STRIKE OUT ON THE SPOT WHICH THE DID BUT THEY WERE GOING TO COCKBLOCK ME FROM MOVING IN ON THE SHAD HONEY HOLE

UNQUOTE.

Did you all see the size of that KPN bass???

That 1 might have taken largest bass honors in the tourney.

TRAIL BLAZER

Kareem Korn
12-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Way to get your guys on some fish on a tough day.

TroutOnly
12-07-2010, 05:58 PM
i was there first i left it to get my nets,they had the right to the spot,they did not have the right to tellme to f-off and throw there lures at my boat we sat and did other things to kill a little time,then we went to the a joining coves but they were not the same set up,after about 45 minutes we went back the two other boat s split only the a-hole boat stayed ,the other two were bound to strike out , th e fish were slamming the shad cause brfore we went to get the nets we were sharing the cove working great lures but are saltwater boat buddies were killing them with the live stuff. the two bassholes were real lucky i wasnt there with one of my saltwater fishing pals,cause when you throw lures at people before they even get near youre spot you are looking for trouble, the only reason the ahole boat stayed was the saltdogs slammed a couple big bass,but they were really pounding the bait,and to the guy who said i need to knoe more spots i do and we went to them and the two young men on my boat got pb's out of the deal,,,,,,,,,,,if it was you pete i would have said so,but i know you dont act like that,some of these guys need to reliaze then dont ownthe lake and niether do i give way all the time, try fishing castaic on a summer weekend when the surface bite is sick and you have to deal with a hundred boats that arent even fishing,,,,,,,sorry about my spelling i forgot my glasses and im on a motel computer in bishop right now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TroutOnly
12-07-2010, 06:22 PM
i was there first i left it to get my nets,they had the right to the spot,they did not have the right to tellme to f-off and throw there lures at my boat we sat and did other things to kill a little time,then we went to the a joining coves but they were not the same set up,after about 45 minutes we went back the two other boat s split only the a-hole boat stayed ,the other two were bound to strike out , th e fish were slamming the shad cause brfore we went to get the nets we were sharing the cove working great lures but are saltwater boat buddies were killing them with the live stuff. the two bassholes were real lucky i wasnt there with one of my saltwater fishing pals,cause when you throw lures at people before they even get near youre spot you are looking for trouble, the only reason the ahole boat stayed was the saltdogs slammed a couple big bass,but they were really pounding the bait,and to the guy who said i need to knoe more spots i do and we went to them and the two young men on my boat got pb's out of the deal,,,,,,,,,,,if it was you pete i would have said so,but i know you dont act like that,some of these guys need to reliaze then dont ownthe lake and niether do i give way all the time, try fishing castaic on a summer weekend when the surface bite is sick and you have to deal with a hundred boats that arent even fishing,,,,,,,sorry about my spelling i forgot my glasses and im on a motel computer in bishop right now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TroutOnly
12-07-2010, 06:24 PM
This computer up here at the motel is bishop is trying my patience,i will respond when i get back home,,,,,,

trail blazer
12-07-2010, 06:42 PM
WELL,,,,,,,,,,,,,There it is there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THE DUDES WERE PRICKS!!!!

TRAIL BLAZER

Geraldlim
12-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Back to the fun stuff - fishing!
How do you rig the live shad you net? I assume they are used in the coves where the topwater boils are?
Fly line the live shad? Or can you fish them dead?
Topwater or on the bottom?

HEMAN
12-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Back to the fun stuff - fishing!
How do you rig the live shad you net? I assume they are used in the coves where the topwater boils are?
Fly line the live shad? Or can you fish them dead?
Topwater or on the bottom?

nice.. let's all build a bridge and Get Over It... or use it for structure and fish!?haha

Pete Marino
12-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Those Bass guys acting like that is a bummer to hear Bob. Im sorry they acted like that to you. That kind of crap gives ALL of us Bass Guys a bad name... But we arent all like that...

Good job getting your boys on some PB fish.. and good job toughing it out and grinding through the day...
AND good job for keeping your cool and staying professional... Keep up the good work..

Now stay off my water!!! LMAO hahaha take care..

Happy Holidays!!

Pete

BLIND STRIKE
12-07-2010, 08:40 PM
I just don't see the need to try and start slamming someone on line let alone a fellow sponsor to this site. I would imagine that would put the website owner in a tough position trying not to take sides, you guys both pay on this site. If you got problems with another guide take it up with him man to man don't punch keys. You were the only guide I have yet to fish with, I think I have fished with most of them from this site as a paying customer, but seeing how it looks like your crying over spilled milk, and whining about something you could have let go of, I will take my business else where. This should have been a great thread about your clients catching there PB but you made it your soap box minute, lame. I use to enjoy your reports.

Ltrain
12-08-2010, 12:26 PM
After a long fishing hiatus I caught the bug again. Currently, I live in the Northeast (and winter is upon hard core). That doesn't mean I can't go out and fish, it just means I just don't want to go out and freeze my tail off! I have some friends that I plan to visit in LA in the near future so I plan to make it a priority to fish the waters while I'm out there!

I recently found this forum for some local insight, tips, and maybe a guide service to go with. I really enjoy reading everyone's fishing reports. It's given me a good general feel for how the waters are fished over there in Cali. I can tell you one thing though, I know who I DON'T want use as a guide now.

-L

TroutOnly
12-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Hey blindstrike,,,,,me and my clients had a good day ,just part of it got ruined by some attitudes, i just put in the reports what went down the day , cause each day something happens i just got mad because i was cool and was patience, but these two guys had a hard one ,and that one spot was the spot for the day they just didnt get that if you werent throwing shad you werent getting bit,,,,,,,,,nobody forces anybody to read or ingnore my posts,,,,,,,,,,

WARRIORMIKE
12-11-2010, 12:49 PM
I think I have fished with most of them from this site as a paying customer

Thats funny you pay for guides to fish with. I have fishing guides pay me for my advice. Then I take them out and shore fish.

Because........................................... ..................................

I am the most interesting man in the world!!!!

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/dos-equis-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world1.png

HuskerRod
12-11-2010, 04:26 PM
WarriorMike......heheheh good one.

I also once hired a guide. At the end of the day he was so impressed with my fishing abilities that he gave me my money back plus a tip........insert here: hysterical laughter!!!!!!

I then tied to hire him a second time, but in the parking lot before we launched he got in a fight with another guide over who had the privilege paying to guide me. I stepped in the middle of the fracus, put them both in headlocks, sent them home, grabbed a couple of rookies off shore, and proceeded to go out and catch numerous lake records. At the end of the day the guys I took out proceeded to carry me on their shoulders up the launch ramp in celebration and elation as the dock staff cheered for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7ZpLgkVxA

TroutOnly
12-14-2010, 06:56 AM
Then you woke up and found out you had been dreaming while you were knocked from slipping on the dock and bumping youre head on the rail,,,,lol,,,,youre lucky i wasnt there i would used a striper tail to smack you in the face until you woke up,,,,,wake up rod wake up,,,,,lol,,,,,,,striper slime all over youre mush,,,,,lol,,,,,,

HuskerRod
12-14-2010, 12:18 PM
heheehehehe

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-16-2010, 09:21 AM
WarriorMike......heheheh good one.

I also once hired a guide. At the end of the day he was so impressed with my fishing abilities that he gave me my money back plus a tip........insert here: hysterical laughter!!!!!!

I then tied to hire him a second time, but in the parking lot before we launched he got in a fight with another guide over who had the privilege paying to guide me. I stepped in the middle of the fracus, put them both in headlocks, sent them home, grabbed a couple of rookies off shore, and proceeded to go out and catch numerous lake records. At the end of the day the guys I took out proceeded to carry me on their shoulders up the launch ramp in celebration and elation as the dock staff cheered for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7ZpLgkVxA
Cannot view Utube but that was funny text above...

LMAO !
Gary

HuskerRod
12-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Cannot view Utube but that was funny text above...

LMAO !
Gary

Gary,

You didnt miss much with the u-tube thing. Just a clip of rudy "from Notre Dame" being carried off the field on the backs of other players. That was me being carried off by a bynch of guys at DVL........then I woke up.. to find the Swedish bikini team fighting over me. Let me keep this clean and just say I didnt put up much of a fight

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Gary,

You didnt miss much with the u-tube thing. Just a clip of rudy "from Notre Dame" being carried off the field on the backs of other players. That was me being carried off by a bynch of guys at DVL........then I woke up.. to find the Swedish bikini team fighting over me. Let me keep this clean and just say I didnt put up much of a fight

I suppose I woudn't either....

Does the swedish bikini team need an oil boy ?