PDA

View Full Version : SARL for the first time in 15yrs. Help!

redtop72
12-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Going to head out on Tuesday morning and I am clueless. 15yrs ago I fished here but it was at night in the middle of July and fished for catfish. Can anybody point me in the right direction as far what lake is best, what side of the lake and what baits work best. I usually set a pole with pb and toss some pw and jigs with the other. Any help would be great. Regardless of the outcome I will let you know how it went. Thanks in advance.

Troutman65
12-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Firstly , I would go through all the recent Sarl reports and read them. Read Marley's reports on Sarl. He is dead on .It may take a little work on your part to do the reading but when you hit the lake with the information you learned it is rewarding.

You might want to fish Chris's pond when you go

BigBass777
12-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Big lake:
I've been to the left of the boat docks and caught nothing.
Tried to the left and right side of the bubble hole and caught very few fish.
Tried the far back right corner and caught nothing.
Each time I've fished this lake it involved moving 3 times on every trip. Not fun!!

Chris Pond:
So far it is my most productive lake to fish at SARL. What worked for a limit? Fish the rig below carolina style.

6ft rod, 4lb line clear, 1/2 oz egg sinker (Water Gremlin), Mustad gold #20 treble hook, chartreuse glitter powerbait dipped in garlic scent, #10 barrel swivel, on a 12-14 inch leader.

My back was to the big lake and you can toss this rig very far out. Try to get it in the middle of Chris Pond. I don't recall which way the wind blows at this lake. Try to have the wind blowing on your backside. The wind will help carry your bait farther out on the cast.

Inflated nightcrawler:

4lb line clear, #8 Eagle Claw baitholder hook, #10 barrel swivel, 12 inch leader, 1/2oz egg sinker (Water Gremlin), nightcrawler blown up and dipped in garlic scent. With the #8 Eagle Claw baitholder hook you can cast the inflated crawler really hard and it won't fall off. As with a lot of hooks the crawler will fall off on the cast.

Go catch some fish!!

redtop72
12-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Troutman65- Thanks for the help, I will definetly read up on Marley's report.
BigBass777- Thanks for the tips, It looks like Chris's pond it is.

I am excited about getting my lines wet for the first time in many many years. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks.