PDA

View Full Version : 12/5

CALFISHER4EVR
12-05-2010, 12:25 PM
We arrived at the lake on Saturday around 7:00 a.m. Launch and started the troll down the middle of the lake and worked the boat over to the east side. It was cold and breezy and started to sprinkle but then it stopped. Not much action for us in the early morning on the troll. We dropped anchor and did the bait and wait for a few hours and watched the trollers come by on the west side of the lake. I had spoken to a few to see how the bite was doing. It seemed like a 50/50 bite going on per the conversations I had with the boaters. Around noon time I went over to the dock area for more bait and wait and to watch how the shore action was doing. Around 1:00 I started to troll again because the traffic had clear out and the water had settled down. The sun began to come out it was nice afternoon. Originally in the morning I started to troll some plastic trout worms and then a variety of spoons, roostertails, rapala’s for nothing. I did find a SFC Rapala floating in the water. It was kinda odd it looked new and had no string attached to it. Looked like it was out of the box. We changed the color of trout worms we were trolling added some garlic scent and bam! Fish on! Oh no! it is in the motor. Snap! It’s gone!
We trolled about 50 yards in the same area fish on then fish off. Can’t believe this is happening. Fished in the general area until 3:00 and called it a day. Managed to salvage the day with a few but did not get the limits
Did anyone out there do good from shore?

fishindude420
12-05-2010, 01:10 PM
i was fishing from shore on friday. The bite was slow in the morning but the afternoon was back to back hook ups. I got quite a few nice fish and snapped 3 almost back to back to back at the end of the day and they were all over 10 frkn pounds. biggest looked way over 16. Dang 2lb test had no chance against those monsters screamin runs and doing acrobatics all over the place! im gonna go back this week with some 4lb and land my monster!