PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii decided for me...

elevated
12-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Hey all on the board, hope everyone is having a nice holiday season. I returned to my home of Honolulu this week to visit family, although the trip was very short I think it helped a lot with a decision I have been wrestling with for a few years. Move home to Hawaii or stay in CA? I was really just starting to love CA in the Last few years too!!! Anyway I got in a little fishing on this trip and caught a papio, its in the jack family and one of the best fighters. This fish is pretty prized in hawaii because it fights really hard when hooked. I haven't caught one of these fish since I was very little and was just so stoked to see it on the other end of the line. Unfortunately he was gut hooked and ended up on the parents table a few hours later, he tasted great and I was proud to provide my parents with a little fresh fish! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and thank you to Ola for the unreal rental gear, bra your the only guy I know that would let someone use such a expensive setup. Of course MW lures in the mix!

Aloha!
http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx106/elevated_lc/fishing/imagejpeg_2.jpg

Hometown
12-05-2010, 04:16 PM
So I assume you going to move back home if so dont forget about your FNN FAMILY IN CALLI AND GIVE US SOME ISLAND REPORTS BEST WISHES.

Hey all on the board, hope everyone is having a nice holiday season. I returned to my home of Honolulu this week to visit family, although the trip was very short I think it helped a lot with a decision I have been wrestling with for a few years. Move home to Hawaii or stay in CA? I was really just starting to love CA in the Last few years too!!! Anyway I got in a little fishing on this trip and caught a papio, its in the jack family and one of the best fighters. This fish is pretty prized in hawaii because it fights really hard when hooked. I haven't caught one of these fish since I was very little and was just so stoked to see it on the other end of the line. Unfortunately he was gut hooked and ended up on the parents table a few hours later, he tasted great and I was proud to provide my parents with a little fresh fish! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and thank you to Ola for the unreal rental gear, bra your the only guy I know that would let someone use such a expensive setup. Of course MW lures in the mix!

Aloha!
http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx106/elevated_lc/fishing/imagejpeg_2.jpg

dqfish
12-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Hey elevated where abouts were you fishing...

Ifishtoolittle
12-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Man those poppers are bad*** and wow that is one hell of a "rental" set-up. Nice job on the Papio!

elevated
12-07-2010, 11:25 AM
I would never forget about FNN, literally everyone I have ever reached out to has been cool on this board, If any members are in hawaii and want to do some fishing please PM me. Also to Dqfish I was fishing on the south east side, near Aina Hina.

dqfish
12-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Right on, by the way nice fish. I'll hit you up when im down there, we come down once or twice a year to visit family.