PDA

View Full Version : Thorn Bushes In The Duct.......

Dalizzy07
12-01-2010, 05:50 PM
for the past 2 weeks ive been fishing the duct and have been seeing alot of thorn bushes floating in the water. I noticed that the thorn bushes catches onto the fishing line and drags it down and it ends up tangled.

Kilo818
12-01-2010, 05:53 PM
for the past 2 weeks ive been fishing the duct and have been seeing alot of thorn bushes floating in the water. I noticed that the thorn bushes catches onto the fishing line and drags it down and it ends up tangled.

there where a couple on saturday and notin lastnight im headed out again hope there are none

Dalizzy07
12-01-2010, 06:22 PM
yea it gets me everytime, let me know how you do out there

cutbait
12-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Tumbleweeds!

Coming from up north, TB and I got tangled up with them up by Avenal, THICK!

Should flow through in a bit.

Every wind storm water districts/canal operators have to pull and pull and pull them out at all grate locations. Pain in the ARSE..:Wink:

smokehound
12-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Tumbleweeds are a pretty bad invasive species.. They really screw deserts up.

ironic that one of the biggest icons of the west is actually a damaging pest from another country.

Dalizzy07
12-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Tumbleweeds!

Coming from up north, TB and I got tangled up with them up by Avenal, THICK!

Should flow through in a bit.

Every wind storm water districts/canal operators have to pull and pull and pull them out at all grate locations. Pain in the ARSE..:Wink:

thanks for the correction cutbait yea they're a pain very strong in the duct current i lost so many weights its not even funny

yolo
12-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Next time you pull up a tumbleweed, look close and shake it. If it's anything like here in the AV, you will have thousands of shrimp falling off. Bako must have the tiny shrimp too? It's amazing how much is in the duct here in the AV. If the fish never ate another fish they would still have plenty to eat and not starve from all the shrimp. Sometimes they are bursting at the seams packed with the shrimp when I fillet em.

Dalizzy07
12-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Next time you pull up a tumbleweed, look close and shake it. If it's anything like here in the AV, you will have thousands of shrimp falling off. Bako must have the tiny shrimp too? It's amazing how much is in the duct here in the AV. If the fish never ate another fish they would still have plenty to eat and not starve from all the shrimp. Sometimes they are bursting at the seams packed with the shrimp when I fillet em.

yea theres tons of the those little critters

Geraldlim
12-01-2010, 08:57 PM
If the fish never ate another fish they would still have plenty to eat and not starve from all the shrimp. Sometimes they are bursting at the seams packed with the shrimp when I fillet em.

Our stripers out here seem to be starving right now. Sooo skinny, nothing in the gut except the occasional teeny tiny catfish, like 3" long. I'm thinking their gonna die of starvation soon. Don't thinks there is anything to eat right now.

madwire3
12-01-2010, 10:43 PM

those are amphipods "dunno if thats spelled right" but are absolutely the best fish food u can get fresh live amphipods... during the summer when the green slime algea is breaking free i toss most of what i clear off my line into a bucket of water to feed to my softshell turtle and pond fish... theres some in africa thatare like 3 inches long look insane... found in the same water as the only freshwater seal.. anyways yeah the tumbleweeds suck... last night i dragged in a 2 foot wide solid one covered in green slime,,, weighed more then any fish ive ever caught for sure... i always run my 30 lbbraid upstream from where im throwing lures to catch the big junk before it gets to me

Thisfool
12-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Tumbleweeds are a pretty bad invasive species.. They really screw deserts up.

ironic that one of the biggest icons of the west is actually a damaging pest from another country.

o man thats cool i dint even know that. you should go on jeopardy or maybe are you smarter then a 5th grader i bet you will win a lot of money

smokehound
12-01-2010, 11:54 PM
those are amphipods "dunno if thats spelled right" but are absolutely the best fish food u can get fresh live amphipods... during the summer when the green slime algea is breaking free i toss most of what i clear off my line into a bucket of water to feed to my softshell turtle and pond fish... theres some in africa thatare like 3 inches long look insane... found in the same water as the only freshwater seal.. anyways yeah the tumbleweeds suck... last night i dragged in a 2 foot wide solid one covered in green slime,,, weighed more then any fish ive ever caught for sure... i always run my 30 lbbraid upstream from where im throwing lures to catch the big junk before it gets to meThey are more commonly called "scuds". But you are correct, they are amphipods.

This particular species is known as Gammarus, in freshwater trout habitat, these often are the only things those tiny stunted trout feed on, resulting in incredible colors. Gammarus are full of carotene, due to their diet - which is causes the vibrant colors.

@ThisFool :LOL: Nah, he absorbs more knowledge than me. Unlike Him, I go outside. :LOL:

madwire3
12-02-2010, 01:19 AM
yeppers, i always net out the ones that die off or go spiral and dry em for later feeding use... been wanting to grind some up to make up a catfish dough but slacking and im out of em right now.. need to run over to the petstore and buy a can of em... and some silversides "silversides sold as fish food frozen whole" i used a while back for bait and caught a few nice catfish, like 5 1-3 lb largemouth, couple biggggg red ears/blue gills, and a damn bird...
back on topic yeah damn those tumbleweeds...
have an hour to kill thursday gonna go take my frustration out on some trout,, stupid trout die die die

cutbait
12-02-2010, 07:03 AM
True name of tumbleweeds are" russian thistle." They spread their seed by tumblin in the wind. So shaking them to get shrimp out only spreads more seed. Though on the duct they apply a sterilant to the banks.

Thought I'd join in on the self indulgent, self worth, know-it-all, self proclaimed genius reply trend

smokehound
12-02-2010, 09:50 AM
true name of tumbleweeds are" russian thistle." they spread their seed by tumblin in the wind. So shaking them to get shrimp out only spreads more seed. Though on the duct they apply a sterilant to the banks.

thought i'd join in on the self indulgent, self worth, know-it-all, self proclaimed genius reply trendi c wut u did ther

Lol, dang, I really pissed you off. :LOL:

cutbait
12-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Not at all!

Just being ying to ur yang

yolo
12-02-2010, 11:21 AM
While you guys are yinging and yanging each other I have question. :LOL: Does the seed still spread when it has been soaked and tumbling along under water or just the shrimp fall off?

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-02-2010, 11:40 AM
do they put up a good fight ?

Is there a limit ?

what is the appropriate tackle to target the imfameous: "rollingnuth athorneaus brushas"

All relative to windstorms....gonna happen from time to time...sometimes more frequently as we have now...

Won't be as big of an issue if ur fishing a lure but I can see how an adrenaline rush would happen on a bait line all of the sudden dragging out rippin drag...

I see the shrimp on em all the time bako and AV

And for those indulging in scientific data and the history buff
(Namely Cuttbait -since he doesn't fish anymore !)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There were no tumbleweeds in the Old West. The plant we know as the tumbleweed was accidentally introduced into South Dakota in 1877, possibly in a load of flax-seed from the Ukraine, or possible from seeds imbedded in the wool if imported sheep.

So, the wagon trains, the pony express, the Indian wars, the early cattle drives, all took place without a single tumbleweed blowing across the plains.

In a panoramic view of the American West today, you would be able to identify almost nothing that was native and present when Europeans first started their move across the continent. Almost every plant species you would see was imported later, and crowded out the natives.

Ahhhhhh ha ha ha ha...

Let's go fishing : )

Gary

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-02-2010, 11:41 AM
thought i'd join in on the self indulgent, self worth, know-it-all, self proclaimed genius reply trend

lmao !

: )

trail blazer
12-02-2010, 04:15 PM
All a bunch of bogus rambling,,,,TUMBLEWEEDS,,,,DUUUUUUUUUUUUU

dzy,,,glad your going out more often to the duct,,,,,,,,,,,those PIG kitty,s better BEWARE!

now,,,First of all t,weeds are not foreign,,,I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT cause ive seen them on all the old westerns,,,,,,,,,,AND T,V CANT LIE,,,,,,,,,So THERE!

TRAIL BLAZER

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-02-2010, 04:17 PM

dzy,,,glad your going out more often to the duct,,,,,,,,,,,those PIG kitty,s better BEWARE!

now,,,First of all t,weeds are not foreign,,,I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT cause ive seen them on all the old westerns,,,,,,,,,,AND T,V CANT LIE,,,,,,,,,So THERE!

TRAIL BLAZER

word !

TV NEVER Lies !

I used to watch Superman when I was a kid !

PLUS... I think I saw someone in a blue Leotard at the duct last week !....

Oooop's...I think it was YOU !

On the way to that West Hollywood PARADE !

Dalizzy07
12-02-2010, 05:12 PM

TRAIL BLAZER

thanks TB i'm trying to be a pro like you and cutbait aka (Kings Of The Duct) but catching catfish lol

trail blazer
12-02-2010, 07:17 PM
thanks TB i'm trying to be a pro like you and cutbait aka (Kings Of The Duct) but catching catfish lol

You got that sewd up DZ,,,,,,,King of the duct kittys!= DZ

PROS,,,,,,,Wouldnt say that,,,just duct striper junkies from WAYYYYYYYY BACK!

TRAIL BLAZER

smokehound
12-02-2010, 07:54 PM

TRAIL BLAZERDon't make me talk about soil types. :LOL:

trail blazer
12-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Don't make me talk about soil types. :LOL:

lol BIGTIME,,,,,,,,,

So SMOKEHOUND,,,Tell me the REST OF THE STORY,,,,,,,I gotta know,,,,,,,,,,how did our t,weeds get here,,,LOL

NOOOOOOOO SMOKEHOUND,,,,I mean tumble weeds,,,NOT tye,,,,LOL

smokehound
12-02-2010, 08:23 PM
lol BIGTIME,,,,,,,,,

So SMOKEHOUND,,,Tell me the REST OF THE STORY,,,,,,,I gotta know,,,,,,,,,,how did our t,weeds get here,,,LOL

NOOOOOOOO SMOKEHOUND,,,,I mean tumble weeds,,,NOT tye,,,,LOLThe one who lets them feel the steel already explained it.

trail blazer
12-02-2010, 08:29 PM
The one who lets them feel the steel already explained it.

Well there it is there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if FTS said it i know its a LIE!,,,,,,,,,I fish with that dude all the time and i know that you cant beleave nothing he says,,,,AND HE SAYS ALOT!!

TRAIL BLAZER

smokehound
12-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Well there it is there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if FTS said it i know its a LIE!,,,,,,,,,I fish with that dude all the time and i know that you cant beleave nothing he says,,,,AND HE SAYS ALOT!!

TRAIL BLAZER:LOL: Yeah, those damn tumbleweeds are a damn conspiracy theory! They were actually placed here by the illuminati reptillian freemason nephilim! :LOL:

cutbait
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
So when is the WWE smackdown style match between smoke/this and TB/CB gonna go down??

I call smoke!!!

cutbait
12-02-2010, 08:38 PM
While you guys are yinging and yanging each other I have question. :LOL: Does the seed still spread when it has been soaked and tumbling along under water or just the shrimp fall off?

Yeah, they still spread and germinate.

Where we pile them up and burn them after pulling them outta the water, the next spring is loaded with T-weeds...also known as {rollingus throughus dessertus}

trail blazer
12-02-2010, 08:53 PM
:LOL: Yeah, those damn tumbleweeds are a damn conspiracy theory! They were actually placed here by the illuminati reptillian freemason nephilim! :LOL:

There ligitamicy is not in doubt,,,just there nationality,,,,,,,KINDA LIKE OUR PRESIDENT,,LOL,,here we go again,

T R A I L B L A Z E R.

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-03-2010, 09:49 AM
There ligitamicy is not in doubt,,,just there nationality,,,,,,,KINDA LIKE OUR PRESIDENT,,LOL,,here we go again,

T R A I L B L A Z E R.
We’ve all paid the price of the presidents wrath !
Isn’t there some other job….that he may “hath”

Clearing the tumbleweeds from the duct is more like a job he can do !
Cause when it comes to da’ politics……He’s got everything screwed !

Or guttin’ my feesh….like da’ biatch that he be !
Cause the economy’s all screwed up…for all of you and me !

I’ll give him a good 25 cent…. per carcass he’ll clean !
Like he gives the immigrants in the fields…..you know what I mean !

Let’s have him get his hands dirty…..Instead of his fists full of cash !
And if ya’ll voted for him….you all can Kiss my…. “BEEEP !”

Ahhhhhhh ha ha ha…

Since ya’ll going politics on us : )

Gary

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/stop-whining-UNCLESAM.jpg