PDA

View Full Version : Even More AV Daytime Ducting

yolo
12-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Was supposed to meet up to fish with Wes this morning. I got up early as usual and decided go to the meeting spot about an hour early. Water flow is slowed down considerably. Water level dropped a couple of feet. I start off with the tickler and on the 4th cast as I am working it in in the crystal clear water I see mr stripey come and inhale it. When I say inhale it, I mean inhale it. We did the duct tango for a while and it gets landed. Once I landed it, it was already bleeding and no doubt since it engulfed the tickler deep. I could not release it because it would not have made it. So a keeper it was and a thick and long model at that. I have no stringer on me so I use the gripper to hook the fish and a ladder rung so the fish stays in the water. Now I am gripperless. I toss for a little bit and am getting some texts from various people so I am actually texting more than fishing, lol.

My buddy shows up right on time and we work the spot a little longer but nothing. Decide to hit one more area and work that for nothing. Had to call it a day cause we both have things to do.

That's it 'til the next duct adventure.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%2012-1-10/Duct12-1-10_2.jpg

kerryvbc1
12-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Nice looking fish. brings new meaning to the word "striper"! The water looks still.

yolo
12-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Thanks. Red striper, haha? Yes the water is calm but flowing. Flows have been reduced greatly in just 2 days. Some pools are lower than others. This side of a pool was only down a little bit but the other side was down nearly 30". Heard some were way down like 5' and the fishing sucking in those low spots.

Double A
12-01-2010, 01:51 PM
"fishing sucking" ...yes

i also went out this AM, and was shocked. little flow and water level WAY down.

hit 3 quick spots for nada.

good job finding another quality feeesh yolo.

yolo
12-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks, Double A. Were you able to see bottom at all since the water is down so much where you were and so clear.

yolo
12-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Double A, forgot to say that it sounds like you are turning into a duct hoe too. Any more LMB? I think this one had a digested baby bass in its gut.

Double A
12-01-2010, 02:02 PM
no, i couldn't see bottom... didn't have my shades with me tho. did see a couple kitty's just laid up a couple feet down. never made contact with a stripey.

yolo
12-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Were there different pool elevations or were all of them down the same amount?

Double A
12-01-2010, 02:17 PM
pretty much down the same amount. i might have been a lil higher further east. i didn't pay real close attention. i wasn't fishing with much confidence when i saw what the water looked like. still fished hard, but wasn't quit dedicated.

Kilo818
12-01-2010, 02:37 PM
WTG yolo same thing happen to me in bako last night I told you about it. inhaled the lure so deep that started bleeding like crazy so I kept it bako had no flow lastnight it was kind of cool well im off to bako again right now ill post a report tomorrow.

HaiTheMeister
12-01-2010, 06:18 PM
you made it look too easy Yolo!

yolo
12-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Went back to the same spot about an hour ago to check water level. Of course took my rod to make a few casts since I was there anyway. Yeah the water was down another foot easily. Made a few casts and took off. Might be good to give it a break until the water comes back up cause those fish are going to stack up in places that we can't get lures to if this keeps up. Stupid catfish will be all around still but the stripers are smart.

Double A
12-01-2010, 07:21 PM
yea, the water was so low that i spent more time looking for lures hung on the banks n ladders than looking for feesh. skunked on the lure hunt too ;(

yolo
12-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Sounds like everyone needs to hit Bako :ROFL:

trail blazer
12-01-2010, 10:56 PM
WTG YOLO,,,,,,,,,,,Bleeders make the best TACOS/FISH NUGGETTS!

TRAIL BLAZER