PDA

View Full Version : BBQed Hot wings

Troutman65
04-20-2007, 08:08 PM
First off I enjoy the bbq flavor bbqs's give to meat's
Secondly why not make hot wings on the BBQ?
I get a Lg. package of whole wings. You could get drumetts or what ever you mite perfer.
I fold the wings into a triangle.
Arrange briquetts into a pile to one side of the bbq. I like the indirect method of cooking for wings. It takes longer but it is worth the wait.
wait untill the coals are ashed over (gray)
Put the wings on the grate opposite the coals ( fire )
I put the kettle lid on and cook for 15 to 20 min. depending on how hot the fire is.
Wings should start to brown at this point.Turn wings over and continue cooking untill desired crispyness for your tasts.
Once you have got the wings close to being done for your tast , apply some sort of buffalo wing sauce. Their are many on the market . Some have butter flavor added and you need not do anything but brush the sauce on. Others you should melt a stick of unsalted real butter to the buffalo sauce in a pan on the stove while the wings are cooking.
Once you have painted on the buffalo sauce on one side of the wings put lid back on and let the sauce glaze on the wings. Turn wings over and repeat brushing on of sauce on the wings. Close lid and let a nice glaze form on wings. It should only take around 5 min. cooking time for a nice glaze to form on the wings. For hotter wings brush on more sauce. I hope you get to enjoy these tasty BBQed Hot Wings.It is worth the time and effort put into making these.

Oz
04-20-2007, 08:32 PM
sounds good :D definatly a wing man

Troutman65
04-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Hey their Osiito,

you seemed to have all the fun on posting recipes so I thought I would join in on the fun!! Yes they are tasty. Last night I made Hot chops! I could not belive it. I bbqed some pork chops and applyed some Buffalo sauce to them after they were done cooking. I was blown away how good they were. I was useing mild sauce for them cops. Not getting to carried away. Try some time

Oz
04-20-2007, 09:53 PM
sup troutman

lol yea i know i just got carried away with all the recipes..just wanted to share some of the stuff i have made, want to try and think people will like. yea looks like i will have to try some of that sauce...its just called buffalo sauce??? where do u get yours from???

Troutman65
04-20-2007, 10:50 PM
ok Ositto,

Where do I start
I have had a long love secert love affair with all things hot. Hot sauce , Peppers , etc..

The most basic sauce is Frank's REDHOT sauce. you can buy this at any supermarket.
Their is Louisiana Gem Chicken wing sauce. This one I really like and I have only found it at a .99 cents store in H.B. It can be tricky getting it because those type stores get something in and when its gone you have to keep looking back to see if they get any more.

You can also mix different sausces to come up with something new.
Another basic mix is useing RED ROOSTER Louisiana hot sauce W/ Tabasco sauce 50/50 mix with unsalted butter.

you can check out the hot sauce section of different stores. each store will stock something different.

I hope I have pointed you in the right direction . Most of the sauces have alot of salt content. I try to get the ones with the least amount.

Oz
04-21-2007, 01:37 AM
oooh okays i figured u could use any kinda hot sauce just didnt know if u had a specific one u used..good to know.

i use all different kinds when i make different stuff...theres so many to choose from know a days :lol:

i have the franks red hot xtra hot sauce...and it is!!! :lol:

well thanks for the tips :)